The Acting Corner

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Welcome.

Here you will find videos, quotes, or articles that I find impressive or true in regard to acting.

To set it off

a Powerful and emotional 6 minute short, with a great physical transformation by the man known as the modern Michael Chekhov in Russia

:think: I can haz acting career?
"When art imitates life"

mchekhov wrote:
That was really cool.
Do you... like pineapple?

mchekhov wrote:Welcome.

Here you will find videos, quotes, or articles adding to my own image of myself as an up-and-coming, extremely promising actor, wishing to keep on building a cult around his own painfully predictable knowledge of acting by posting stuff he finds impressive or true in regard to acting.

To set it off

a Powerful and emotional 6 minute short, with a great physical transformation by the man known as the modern Michael Chekhov in Russia, who I use daily to publicly elevate my image into the heights of great acting, despite people's endless complaints about me being suffocatingly obnoxious with my constant manic expression of obsessive love towards the greats

fixed

jibran wrote:
mchekhov wrote:
That was really cool.

i thought so too, dude

many actors can have an emotional break down in a truthful way

but can they craft it, artistically, and shape it with composition and body language?

Here, Beatrice Straight, one of Chekhov's last students, does just that

I was actually thinking about getting into acting just to say I did it, maybe get more serious about it when I'm done school. What would you suggest for a beginner looking to develop their craft?
Why you lurking my page brah?

Good thread.

Benicio del Toro in Basquiat... Aside from the terrible writing, Del Toro makes some interesting choices for his character. Physically he's changing from scene to scene. Also, in this particular video, Bowie makes a funny and sketched appearance as Warhol and we all know how hard it is to portray Warhol in an adequate manor.

I think Benicio del Toro is one of the top actors at the moment. This guy can pull anything if given the medium to express the characters he feels.

Dodd wrote:I was actually thinking about getting into acting just to say I did it, maybe get more serious about it when I'm done school. What would you suggest for a beginner looking to develop their craft?

any school/studio that teaches meisner or David Mamet's/William H Macy's practical aesthetics...they are fairly similar and are the basic tools for spontaneous truthful behavior. Michael Shannon/Elizabeth Olsen both studied practical aesthetics at Atlantic....Meisner is good, but what i've noticed is that a lot of teachers cannot teach it because their students tend to misunderstand the purpose

underseen performance. Thankfully Tom Hardy mentioned this in his top 5 villain roles. It's fantastic