Enemy (2014)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Back to Enemy!

Enemy Denis Villeneuve, Canada/Spain World Premiere

Based on The Double by Nobel Laureate José Saramago, this film explores the troubled psyche of a man who is torn between his mistress and his wife. Jake Gyllenhaal gives a brilliant performance as both Adam and Anthony — a man and his double — engaged in a lethal and erotic battle.

rating: 18A (Persons under 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult.)

http://tiff.net/filmsandschedules/festival/2013/enemy

Aaaand so it begins.

gregoryellwood ‏@HitFixGregory 5m
Denis Vellenuve's Enemy with Jake Gyllenhaal is an intriguing film that reminds me of Kubrick at times. Lots of questions, few answers #tiff

gregoryellwood ‏@HitFixGregory 3m
Denis: very simple. This movie is about Jake Gyllenhaal's subconscious. #tiff

gregoryellwood ‏@HitFixGregory 3m
Enemy could be an internal battle between Jake's character, a statement on the Id and ego or whatever you want it to be. #TIFF2013

gregoryellwood ‏@HitFixGregory 2m
One thing is for sure, Enemy would make a great double bill with Under the Skin #TIFF2013

Mike Ryan ‏@mikeryan 4m
The OTHER Villeneuve/Jake Gyllenhaal movie, ENEMY, is insane. I have no clue what just happened but I am enjoying my confusion. #tiff

Mike Ryan ‏@mikeryan 3m
It is scary. RT @davidehrlich: ENEMY: for me this has without a doubt the scariest final shot in film history. not hyperbole. fact. #tiff
Followed by Cinephilia & Beyond and 4 others

:shock:

Now Where Was I ? wrote:
Allstar wrote:http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/ ... um=twitter

Damn they gave it an A.

This director and Gyllenhaal are on fire.
''This director'' won't be a no-name for long
Great job Denis :clap:
Remember: DENIS VILLENEUVE

ps: i watched him in the "The Prisoners" press conference at TIFF. a very funny and overall cool man :)
Last edited by JohnConstantine on September 10th, 2013, 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

A marvelously mystifying riff on José Saramago’s The Double—itself inspired by the classic fable of the doppleganger—Enemy is a slow-burning metaphysical thriller that stays one step ahead of its audience. Though slim on story and slight on character, Quebecois filmmaker Denis Villeneuve (Incendies) has crafted a minimalist head-scratcher that stands in clever counterpoint to his bigger Hollywood thriller, Prisoners. If the director’s 2013 Warner Bros high-suspense drama has drawn comparisons to Mystic River and Zodiac, this smaller exercise comes across as a mix of Franz Kafka and The Twilight Zone.
more: http://www.screendaily.com/reviews/the- ... Mo.twitter