Café Cinema: 1895 - 1999

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
ragul712 wrote:Touch of Evil (1958)

Touch of Evil is a 1958 American crime thriller film, written, directed by, and co-starring Orson Welles. The screenplay was loosely based on the novel Badge of Evil by Whit Masterson. Along with Welles, the cast includes Charlton Heston, Janet Leigh, Joseph Calleia, Akim Tamiroff, and Marlene Dietrich.

Touch of Evil is one of the last examples of film noir in the genre's classic era (from the early 1940s until the late 1950s).

Interesting developments.

Worst sig ever. And troll in the dungeon, Harry Potter classic. But that's new millenium so, wrong thread.

m4st4 wrote:Worst sig ever. And troll in the dungeon, Harry Potter classic. But that's new millenium so, wrong thread.
Last edited by Disney+'s solo2001 on April 2nd, 2012, 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

solo2001 wrote:
m4st4 wrote:Worst sig ever. And troll in the dungeon, Harry Potter classic. But that's new millenium so, wrong thread.
Tried to be a nice troll. Didn't work. I just don't have it in my genetic structure :lol:

Nevermind, off to fetch my vodka shots.
Flass: Continue.

m4st4 wrote: Tried to be a nice troll. Didn't work. I just don't have it in my genetic structure :lol:

Nevermind, off to fetch my vodka shots.
Flass: Continue.

Amarcord (1973) - Federico Fellini

Amarcord is a 1973 Italian comedy-drama film directed by Federico Fellini, a semi-autobiographical coming-of-age tale about Titta, an adolescent boy growing up among an eccentric cast of characters in the fictional town of Borgo (based on Fellini's hometown of Rimini) in 1930s Fascist Italy. The film’s title is Romagnol for "I remember".

The film won the Oscar for Best Foreign Language Film, and was nominated for two Academy Awards: Best Director and Best Writing, Original Screenplay.

Italy from yesterday, film to remember.

m4st4 wrote:Image
Amarcord (1973) - Federico Fellini
Ah... Fellini :clap: Love this one, but La Nave Va is my favorite. Hey m4, since you're also a Manara fan, did you read Trip to Tulum? Amazing Manara/Fellini collaboration. :twothumbsup: They were both in love with each others work.

Sorry if this is in the wrong thread.

Blue Velvet

Blue Velvet is a 1986 American mystery film written and directed by David Lynch. The movie exhibits elements of both film noir and surrealism. The film features Kyle MacLachlan, Isabella Rossellini, Dennis Hopper and Laura Dern. Although initially detested by some mainstream critics, the film is now widely acclaimed, and earned Lynch his second Academy Award nomination for Best Director.

I'm a huge Lynch fan. He brings a surreal, odd vibe without being uncomfortable- more like disturbingly smooth.

Hello fellow Lynch-head. :wave:

Hail to the Lynch!

My favorite:

+Wild at Heart, Eraserhead, Blue Velvet, Inland Empire (Laura Dern ftw)