Transcendence (2014)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Allstar wrote:
Bacon wrote:Is it bad that I'm treating this like a Nolan film? I feel like I'm getting 2 Nolan films in one year. Just cause this has some of the same time behind it.
Yes it is bad. That is setting ridiculous and unfair expectations on Wally for his debut. Not to mention the script has nothing to do with Nolan's team.

The fact that Pfister worked on almost every Nolan film is bound to rub off on him in terms of how he approached directing. I would not be surprised if Transcendence's visual aesthetic and direction closely resembles that of Nolan.

sedna wrote:The fact that Pfister worked on almost every Nolan film is bound to rub off on him in terms of how he approached directing. I would not be surprised if Transcendence's visual aesthetic and direction closely resembles that of Nolan.

And Chris Nolan does not attach his name to garbage this will be great .

Found on Twitter, can't find original source...

antovolk wrote:Image

Found this on Twitter....is it a fake?

markspark1981 wrote:

Found this on Twitter....is it a fake?

Yes, it is a fake. It was made by one of the users on this forum, in fact.

The font makes it look like it was directed by a Wally Paster.

Interesting comment about Transcendence:

Screamfest 2013: Josh Stewart on The Hunted & Transcendence

Why Josh Stewart wanted to make a film about real hunters, his defense of the found footage style, and working with Wally Pfister.

October 21st, 2013 Fred Topel

Josh Stewart was a returning star at Screamfest this year. Last year, The Collection opened the horror festival, starring Stewart. This year, his directorial debut played in competition. The Hunted stars Stewart as a hunter hoping to make a TV pilot about bringing down a famed buck in the forest. While staking him out with his cameraman Stevie (Ronnie Gene Blevins), they start to hear noises and experience strange phenomena. This is not your average found footage movie though. Stewart came up with some cool new twists on the format. As an actor, Stewart also appears in Wally Pfister’s directorial debut, Transcendence. After his Screamfest premiere, I interviewed Stewart about The Hunted and his upcoming film.

How does Wally Pfister direct, having had all his experience as a cinematographer?

I worked with him on The Dark Knight Rises. On Transcendence, look, really good DPs are virtually directors in a lot of facets of filmmaking so I think a lot of it is already there for him. He’s been shooting commercials and s**t for years so he gets it. Let’s face it, he’s been DPing for arguably one of the best filmmakers of all time. That’s like going to film school every single movie he goes out to do. If you’re setting up cameras for Chris Nolan for 10+ years you’re only going to learn.

Did he have any visually complicated setups in Transcendence?

Yeah, Transcendence is a bear of a movie, man. It’s a bear of a movie. Wait ‘til you get a load of that in the springtime.

http://www.craveonline.com/film/intervi ... nscendence

How does Wally Pfister direct, having had all his experience as a cinematographer?
Josh Stewart on Transcendence.

I worked with him on The Dark Knight Rises. On Transcendence, look, really good DPs are virtually directors in a lot of facets of filmmaking so I think a lot of it is already there for him. He’s been shooting commercials and s**t for years so he gets it. Let’s face it, he’s been DPing for arguably one of the best filmmakers of all time. That’s like going to film school every single movie he goes out to do. If you’re setting up cameras for Chris Nolan for 10+ years you’re only going to learn.

Did he have any visually complicated setups in Transcendence?

Yeah, Transcendence is a bear of a movie, man. It’s a bear of a movie. Wait ‘til you get a load of that in the springtime.

http://www.craveonline.com/film/intervi ... nscendence