Robocop (2014)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
The Killing star Joel Kinnaman explains why he ultimately decided taking on the title role in a reboot of Robocop was a good idea:
It really became a coveted role when it was [announced that] José Padilha [would be] directing it. A remake of RoboCop could really go both ways; that doesn't have to be something interesting just because it's a high-profile thing. And when I first heard of it, I thought I'd watch the movie, but I didn't know if I wanted to be in it. When I found out who was directing it, all of that changed. After meeting José, I knew that it was super-interesting and really something that I wanted to sink my teeth into. We had a really good meeting. He was talking about not wanting a "star" [for the project]; he wanted a real actor to play it. He was also explaining what the character was going through, and it's really challenging stuff.
He continued with some discussion about the screenplay:
The script is still in process, but I've read a couple of the versions along the way, and that's really what it is: very challenging actors' work, and very interesting to portray. I'm a restless person, and I was tired of meeting with directors who were telling me that they'd love to have me play the lead in their movie, but there's no way they could cast me because they needed a big name. After that, I started to chase a bigger movie, so I could get in a position to do those things. And I'm so happy that the one I chose and that I got was one that also carries a core of substance.
http://tvline.com/2012/06/24/joel-kinna ... mmys-2012/

I like Jose Padilla and hope this will be a good movie.
Truth is, sometimes I miss you so bad I can hardly stand it. - Jack Twist

I'm glad they're going for a totally different look... still waiting for more visuals and details till I'm totally comfortable with the idea. The cast looks great too.

SYNOPSIS:
In "RoboCop," the year is 2029 and multinational conglomerate OmniCorp is at the center of robot technology. Their drones are winning American wars around the globe and now they want to bring this technology to the home front. Alex Murphy is a loving husband, father and good cop doing his best to stem the tide of crime and corruption in Detroit. After he is critically injured in the line of duty, OmniCorp utilizes their remarkable science of robotics to save Alex’s life. He returns to the streets of his beloved city with amazing new abilities, but with issues a regular man has never had to face before.

Some reboots I can get behind but given that the original in this case is one of my personal favorites, it will take a lot to convince me this is a good idea.

Deadline:
Jackie Earle Haley is signing on to star in the Robocop remake that Jose Padilha will direct with Joel Kinnaman playing the title character. Haley will play Maddox, the guy who dispenses the military training to Robocop.

Boardwalk Empire actor Michael Kenneth Williams is in negotiations to join the cast of Robocop, MGM and Sony’s remake of the classic 1987 sci-fi action movie.
The movie is gearing up for a September start in Toronto and has amassed a line up that includes Joel Kinnaman as the title hero, Hugh Laurie as the villain, plus Samuel L. Jackson, Gary Oldman, Jay Baruchel, Abbie Cornish and Jackie Earle Haley.

Jose Padilha (Elite Squad) is directing the film.

Williams will play the partner to Kinnaman’s police officer Alex Murphy who is tight with Murphy’s family.

Williams garnered acclaim starring in HBO’s The Wire, recurred on NBC’s Community, and is currently shooting Twelve Years a Slave, which stars Chiwetel Ejiofor, Brad Pitt and Michael Fassbender. On Empire, he plays racketeer Chalky White.
Williams is repped by The Collective.
Cast for this movie is dope.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-v ... e-robocop- michael-kenneth-williams-358715

Forum Pro
Law
lol

Law_of_4 wrote:
lol
Why this is humorous is beyond me.