Captain America: The First Avenger (2011)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Addicted2Movies wrote:I'm just going to see it in 2D
Good choice! :modesty:

Moviegoers and their reactions :lol:

"Best movie I've ever seen".

I stopped right there. Fucking awful acting. :lol:

Superhero flicks are getting old and monotinous. In the past two years not one good one has come out. I actually liked Captain America, thought, as a period film and I thought it boasted about as much originality as these superhero origin stories can (not saying much) Hugo Weaving was great. All in all, okay movie but better than Thor, Transformers, Iron Man 2, X-men First Class, ect; but still not really anything special. Hopefully DKR will save us from all this...

MW715 wrote:Superhero flicks are getting old and monotinous. In the past two years not one good one has come out. I actually liked Captain America, thought, as a period film and I thought it boasted about as much originality as these superhero origin stories can (not saying much) Hugo Weaving was great. All in all, okay movie but better than Thor, Transformers, Iron Man 2, X-men First Class, ect; but still not really anything special. Hopefully DKR will save us from all this...
First Class takes a steaming pile of shit on this.

allstarr55js wrote:
MW715 wrote:Superhero flicks are getting old and monotinous. In the past two years not one good one has come out. I actually liked Captain America, thought, as a period film and I thought it boasted about as much originality as these superhero origin stories can (not saying much) Hugo Weaving was great. All in all, okay movie but better than Thor, Transformers, Iron Man 2, X-men First Class, ect; but still not really anything special. Hopefully DKR will save us from all this...
Nothing wrong with someone thinking Cap is better.

allstarr55js wrote:
:facepalm: Captain America had a more solid story, the villain was better, not all the female characters were introduced in brothels, the special effects were better, the musical score was better written and utilized throughout the film. Predominantly, it's use of the WWII side plot adds a style to the film that x-men tried to capture with the Cuban Missile crises but failed. First Class was dribble.

IWatchFilmsNotMovies wrote:
allstarr55js wrote:
I am expressing my opinion is that not allowed?

IWatchFilmsNotMovies wrote:
allstarr55js wrote:
I actually liked Cap better than First Class as well. Not that First Class was bad but Cap's atmosphere and the fact that it embraced its comic book origins (by that I mean it held no regrets for going over the top) was a very unique and entertaining take on the genre.

Captain America had a more solid story, the villain was better, not all the female characters were introduced in brothels, the special effects were better, the musical score was better written and utilized throughout the film. Predominantly, it's use of the WWII side plot adds a style to the film that x-men tried to capture with the Cuban Missile crises but failed. First Class was dribble.
X-Men had much better acting and more fleshed out characters that they took their time to develop. It also had a much better story and direction and I would not say the villain is better here at all. Red Skull was not complex at all just straight evil, Shaw had more depth thus making him more interesting.
Last edited by Allstar on July 23rd, 2011, 2:02 am, edited 2 times in total.