Don Jon (2013)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
I think allstar is just a little too excited. :lol:

I am very pleased but I realize it is just twitter reaction from one screening. I have a feeling some older critics will not like it that much.

@GuyLodge

DON JON'S ADDICTION (C) A Jersey Shore SHAME: faintly amusing sexcom with vile protag, inscrutable women and, thank Christ, Julianne Moore.

Guy isn't even 30 though.

^ Flop confirmed. In all seriousness though, complaining that the main character is unlikeable? Can't say I did not expect this from a decent amount of people and was one of the things I was worried about.
Katherine Monk ‏@katherinemonk
#sundance13 Don Jon's Addiction featured faux film romance with Channing Tatum and Anne Hathaway. Not sure why it was so funny, but it was.

#sundance13 The other best thing about Don Jon? Scarlett Johansson as gum-snapping girlie. It was like she was channelling Snooki. But good.

#sundance13 Also can i just say Don Jon's Addiction has the timeliest message of the fest:We don't look at each other anymore. We objectify.

Josh Dickey ‏@Variety_JLD
Overheard in the lobby: "More like Joseph Gordon LOVED-IT." Can't wait to see DON JON'S ADDICTION tomorrow @ #Sundance.

Cara Russell ‏@carajrussell
Great seeing @hitRECordJoe at Sundance again this year! Congrats on the surprisingly insightful love story Don Jon's Addiction. #not1sided

God dammit can someone please tell me if Scarlett has a nude scene in this movie?

xWhereAmI? wrote:God dammit can someone please tell me if Scarlett has a nude scene in this movie?
Calm down ya horny bastard. :judge:

Kyle Smith gave a mixed review as well.

To me this is mostly a faux-edgy black comedy plagued by its two-dimensional characters, though it is redeemed by those surprisingly tender third-act scenes and Moore’s grounded performance.

http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/movies/su ... z2IPQZAXdV

Master Virgo wrote:Kyle Smith
Meh, I really hate this guy as a critic, his reviews are always pretty obnoxious and he has a sense of scum-bag entitlement... I'll take his reaction with a pinch of salt. I'm still encouraged by all the positive tweets for now.

Allstar wrote:Meh, I really hate this guy as a critic, his reviews are always pretty obnoxious and he has a sense of scum-bag entitlement... I'll take his reaction with a pinch of salt. I'm still encouraged by all the positive tweets for now.
Definitely not one of those whom I have any trust. Rarely agree with him and in majority of cases I find his opinion far different from what I think.