Dredd (2012)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
The film is still shrouded in mystery at this point but the imagery here definitely evokes a dark and violent tone akin to the comic book.

Looking R enough.

Nice. This has sparked my interest.

I'm not sure about this yet. I'll withhold judgment until I see some footage.
"It doesn't matter how you get knocked down in life because that's going to happen. All that matters is you gotta get up."

I'm definitely interested in seeing an R-Rated superhero film this year. The only info about it so far has really been the Empire thing which in itself was about 6 months ago, but I thought it looked pretty promising. And probably pretty brutal. Which is good.

Lena Headey is my only real interest here, after all she's playing a villain, yay!

isn't his the movie where the director got fired?

Uhm the helm is ridiculously large. I mean yeah, irl it may have some practical reasons for being so big but even SWAT uniforms and armor have every reason to be practical yet the proportions and designs are right and adequate, while this... it doesn't even look badass.

The other thing is that his line of sight is so obstructed. I mean ok, uruk hai helms had the same issue but when you see armies of these guys use the same helms you kind of don't think about how impractical they are.

Olivia Thirlby Talks DREDD:

http://collider.com/olivia-thirlby-bein ... ew/148626/
What attracted you to doing Dredd?

THIRLBY: I’d always wanted to be an action heroine. That’s a chick dream, getting to wear a leather bodysuit and be blonde and kick ass. But, what really attracted me to Dredd was the script. It was fantastic! It was about people and characters, and not just about explosions and fighting. My character, specifically, was incredibly dynamic and very complex, and goes through a hell of a lot. She has a complete arc in the film, so that’s really what drew me to that.

Lena Headey talks about her character - the fierce gangleader Madeline “Ma-Ma” Madrigal - in Dredd:
She’s a prostitute who then kills her pimp and takes over his drug-running business. And Ma-Ma is a bit of a man-hater.I think of her like an old great white shark who is just waiting for someone bigger and stronger to show up and kill her. She’s ready for it. In fact, she can’t wait for it to happen. And yet no one can get the job done. She’s an addict, so she’s dead in that way, but that last knock just hasn’t come. This big, fat, scarred shark moving through the sea and everyone flees and she’s like, 'Will someone just have the balls to do it? Please?'
http://herocomplex.latimes.com/2012/05/ ... fi-detour/

This movie seems so boring. Dredd is boring anyway imo.