Thread For Terrible Movie News

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
do you guys think that Depp's current portrayal is entirely on him, though?

the last two movies have been parodies of the series all around. surely, the writing and direction has something to do with it as well

i say: no to a reboot, keep Depp for a final movie, and hire a writer and director who know what they're doing

Sanchez wrote:
October 23rd, 2018, 7:59 pm
Pirates 1 is a masterpiece. The last couple have been shit, so I do understand why they want to reboot it. If they do, at least I hope they wait like 5+ years.
I'd say it's a bit shy of being a masterpiece. The Mask of Zorro is a better, tighter script from Elliot and Rossio. Even the first POTC runs too long

That's not terrible news. If they don't reboot it, then they are going to make another one with fucking Depp. It's either of the two. So that's actually pretty good news.£

The terrible thing is that in this day and age franchise movies has to live on forever.

once you've sworn an oath to the mouse, there's no leaving it.

ArmandFancypants wrote:
October 23rd, 2018, 8:09 pm
Sanchez wrote:
Pirates 1 is a masterpiece. The last couple have been shit, so I do understand why they want to reboot it. If they do, at least I hope they wait like 5+ years.
I'd say it's a bit shy of being a masterpiece. The Mask of Zorro is a better, tighter script from Elliot and Rossio. Even the first POTC runs too long
The Mask of Zorro is such a great and underrated film

LelekPL wrote:
October 24th, 2018, 3:08 am
ArmandFancypants wrote:
Sanchez wrote:
Ahead of the curve in a few ways. Same writers did the actual bending of that curve with Shrek I guess. The groundwork had been done by Richard Lester in the 70s

Wow, great thread, haven't seen it before!

Actually, does anyone remember that one or two years ago they announced a Memento remake, or was I dreaming that?

Sanchez wrote:
Curse of the Black Pearl is indeed a masterpiece. I greatly enjoy Dead Man's Chest and At World's End, too. I mean, DMC is quite an adventure and AWE is just bonkers. Verbinski put every single dollar on that screen, they're huge spectacles and I think of those two sequels, DMC has got quite some heart. They're wonderfully made films and definitely belong to the better adventure/spectacles of modern cinema.

LelekPL wrote:
October 24th, 2018, 3:08 am
ArmandFancypants wrote:
Sanchez wrote:
I was just thinking about this the other day. It’s truly great, but rarely anyone ever talks about it.

I do regard The Curse of the Black Pearl as a masterpiece though lol. It’s forever ingrained into my memory and is an all timer for me.