Controversial opinions about movies

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Cilogy wrote:
Allstar wrote: Not what I was laughing at. :lol: :|
lol of course it was, because otherwise that would make you a fanboy, and we all know you aren't ;)
DDL>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>HUGH

Allstar wrote:
Cilogy wrote: lol of course it was, because otherwise that would make you a fanboy, and we all know you aren't ;)
DDL>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>HUGH
Hugh Hefner?
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.

Cilogy wrote:
Allstar wrote: DDL>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>HUGH
Hugh Hefner?
His acting career hasn't been so strong lately.
Do you... like pineapple?

Tom Hardy > DDL

gaspernoe wrote:Tom Hardy > DDL
Nope.
Brave New World

Aliens > Alien
We really should stop this fighting, otherwise we'll miss the fireworks!

GoldHeartedSociopath wrote:Aliens > Alien
No.

ComptonTerry wrote:
No.
Yes.
We really should stop this fighting, otherwise we'll miss the fireworks!

GoldHeartedSociopath wrote:
ComptonTerry wrote:
No.
Yes.
I happen to love both, but there is no way Aliens is a better film than Alien. Also, I'm not really sure that's very controversial, it seems to me the majority of the GA and critics would say Aliens is better.

ComptonTerry wrote:Both Taken and Taken 2 sucked.
As an action flick, I thought Taken was pretty decent (haven't seen Taken 2). The action sequences and the coreography of the fights are solid. Liam Neeson is badass as usual and some of the dialogues are intense - like Liam on the phone threatening the kidnappers. Don't feel like watching Taken 2 though. By the look of the trailer, they go through that shit again? Man! after all that, they should've been more careful at least! :eh:
ComptonTerry wrote:
No.
no
Of course NO! :judge:

Though I like both (but love Alien way, WAY more), the films differ in genre (Alien is a sci fi horror and Aliens is more action / adventure) and I always had a few complaints about Aliens (I might be nitpicking in some cases but still... it bothers me):

- First of all, WTF is Paul Reiser doing in the cast? That was the worst casting choice for an already very annoying character (and it feels like he wants to be taken seriously! :facepalm: ) not to mention the design of the suit he wears.
- Ripley's nightmare scene was a cheap shot. (to say the least)
- The meeting scene with Ripley at Weyland-Yutani is awful. The executives are all assholes and Ripley behaves like an ill-tempered Clint Eastwood (Harry Calahan style).
- After loosing her job as a flight officer, Ripley is now doing hard labour and living in a shithole "apartament"? couldn't she have done any better than that?
- Regarding the Marines, except for a few (like Hicks, Vasquez and Drake) the rest are all a bunch of goofy assholes (Hudson, Apone, Gorman, etc). For me, the coolest character is Bishop, fallowed by Hicks. (don't get me started on Newt!)
- After getting their asses kicked, the Marines simply let Ripley take over? More so, as the plot thickens, she becomes a kind of "space-Rambo", wiping out several xenomorphs INSIDE the hive!
- "They cut the power!" - "How can they cut the power, man! they're animals!" DAMN RIGHT!!! :judge:

One last thing: so Ripley goes back to LV-426 and leaves Jones behind. Since she never returned, I assume that the poor cat starved to death in the apartament :lol:

Now seriously, Aliens is a tottally fun action flick with the quality of a James Cameron movie, but Alien is a work of art in every way.