Controversial opinions about movies

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Cilogy wrote:
BlairCo wrote: This is how I feel about Malick; he's a tremendous artist, but he's very pretentious when it comes to the narrative.

I don't think he's pretentious, at least not intentionally. I think he's just in love with the visual aspect of film and believes that the narrative will be driven by that. That works sometimes, but not all the time.
And it certainly didn't work with The Tree of Life. In the past with most of his movies he's got the balance between visuals and narrative right. The Tree of Life is the movie where he truly was infatuated with how the movie looked rather than how the story is being told. I mean like there's a whole sequence about the birth of creation that feels so out of place with the rest of the movie.

Cilogy wrote: I don't think he's pretentious, at least not intentionally.
Certainly this, he's an artist in the truest form. However his work is becoming more and more challenging as time passes.
Do you... like pineapple?

Huge Ackman gave his absolute best performance in Les Mes and deserves the Oscar over DDL.
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.

Taken 2 is better than Taken. (By not much)
Liked the one on one fight where Bryan nearly got his ass kicked. Also the little talk he gave to the villain at the end. Also more clever writing

Havoc1st wrote:Taken 2 is better than Taken. (By not much)
Liked the one on one fight where Bryan nearly got his ass kicked. Also the little talk he gave to the villain at the end. Also more clever writing
Fuck no! :facepalm:
Brave New World

Both Taken and Taken 2 sucked.

Cilogy wrote:Huge Ackman gave his absolute best performance in Les Mes and deserves the Oscar over DDL.

Allstar wrote:
Cilogy wrote:Huge Ackman gave his absolute best performance in Les Mes and deserves the Oscar over DDL.
Yeah I thought the name spelling was pretty clever too, thanks! :twothumbsup:

Cilogy wrote:
Allstar wrote:
Yeah I thought the name spelling was pretty clever too, thanks! :twothumbsup:
Not what I was laughing at. :lol: :|

Allstar wrote:
Cilogy wrote: Yeah I thought the name spelling was pretty clever too, thanks! :twothumbsup:
Not what I was laughing at. :lol: :|
lol of course it was, because otherwise that would make you a fanboy, and we all know you aren't ;)