Controversial opinions about movies

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
TDK and TDKR tackle what we as a civilized society fear.

In both we see a break down of sorts. In TDK the authorities are helpless to stop one man who is pushing the people of Gotham into a world where law doesn't matter. The Joker forces us to look upon our hypocrisy. In TDKR we have Bane come in and turn the city into a dictatorship disguised as a damn revolution... under the threat of nuclear detonation. Pick your poison.

I tried to watch Breakfast Club once and literally do not see what the big deal is. Maybe it's a generational thing, but...

SilverHeart wrote:I tried to watch Breakfast Club once and literally do not see what the big deal is. Maybe it's a generational thing, but...

SilverHeart wrote:I tried to watch Breakfast Club once and literally do not see what the big deal is. Maybe it's a generational thing, but...
It may be a generational thing, but I'm a nineties child and it evoked some interesting thoughts in my mind about life in the eighties even though I never experienced it.

I was born in the mid-nineties. What exactly makes the movie stand out in particular?

SilverHeart wrote:I was born in the mid-nineties. What exactly makes the movie stand out in particular?
I was born in the mid-nineties. What the fuck does that have to do with anything?

Apparently I'm in the minority when I say that "The Assassination of Jesse James" was a piece of shit.

Forum Pro
Law
GothamGirl wrote:Apparently I'm in the minority when I say that "The Assassination of Jesse James" was a piece of shit.
wow gtfo for real

Besides the cinematography and Casey Affleck's performance, nothing else was really interesting in The Assassination of Jesse James. The rest of the cast was exceedingly average, and the ending went on a little bit too long.

BlairCo wrote:Besides the cinematography and Casey Affleck's performance, nothing else was really interesting in The Assassination of Jesse James. The rest of the cast was exceedingly average, and the ending went on a little bit too long.
wow gtfo for real