Controversial opinions about movies

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Michael Bay has never made a good film.

Egami wrote:Michael Bay has never made a good film.
That is not controversial.

The most controversial opinion about movies is that some consider certain opinions controversial.

Allstar wrote:
Egami wrote:Michael Bay has never made a good film.
That is not controversial.
Perhaps, but still needs to be put out there nonetheless ;)

Tim Burton is a hell of a director. It's only controversial on Nolan Fans though.
DHOPW42 wrote:The most controversial opinion about movies is that some consider certain opinions controversial.
Welcome back by the way.

MiracleSleeper wrote:Not necessarily about a specific movie but... I believe the screenwriter of a film should get as much respect and praise as the director of a film gets. I feel like they go unnoticed.
Right. Same with the score composers. Whenever I ask someone about the music in a certain movie, the highest they'll come up with is the soundtrack. Many people don't even recognize scores.

I also think that animated movies are underrated. Many may find them cute and funny, but take them as "children's movies" and therefore not serious. Imo Ratatouille, Wall-E, Up and TS3 were in the top 5 of their year.

And I agree about Star Wars (original) ... always just found it ridiculous and way over the top.

Citizen Kane is overrated. I find The Magnificent Ambersons and Touch Of Evil to be much better films.
"All this 'good vs evil' shit's been played out. It's now time for 'BAD VS. EVIL'

-David Ayer on Suicide Squad.

LA Confidential = overrated
Why you lurking my page brah?

Iron Man=Overrated

The Matrix - one of the most overrated movies of all time. The basic idea is great but action sequences, acting and soundtrack are just terrible imho. Inception having similar concept is so much better.

Spielberg - love Schindler's List and Raiders of the Lost Ark. Though for the last years he's been terribly mediocre.

The Shawshank Redemption - far from the best movie ever made as most user rated lists suggest.

Avatar - tragic screenplay including awful visualization of the movie itself including blue "people".

Can't understand what pieces of crap like both Sherlock Holmes, Iron Man, Warrior etc. are doing with high ratings on IMDB? I could definitely make this list longer and more in detail. Maybe I will later..