Controversial opinions about movies

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Pratham wrote:
OpenBook wrote:Though as a Englishman I've never really got the hype and furore over the Oscars.
I just go into Dodd mode and watch my favourite people together.
Beautiful Hollywood people. They're better than us

m4st4 wrote:Also, remember Interstellar thread before the premiere? It was mostly new members posting non-stop hype, 24-7, started getting silly pretty soon.
And in a couple years the cycle will start again.

Havoc1st wrote:
m4st4 wrote:Also, remember Interstellar thread before the premiere? It was mostly new members posting non-stop hype, 24-7, started getting silly pretty soon.
Such is the nature.

m4st4 wrote:
Havoc1st wrote:
Such is the nature.

With Revenge of the Sith Lucas made one of the most ballsy mainstream films of all time.

I applaud Lucas for that alone.

Allstar wrote:With Revenge of the Sith Lucas made one of the most ballsy mainstream films of all time.

All three of the prequels are amongst the ballsiest mainstream movies ever. Sith just happens to really, really work.

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:
Allstar wrote:With Revenge of the Sith Lucas made one of the most ballsy mainstream films of all time.

All three of the prequels are amongst the ballsiest mainstream movies ever. Sith just happens to really, really work.

-Vader

I've had some friends ask me if they should watch the prequels and I generally tell them to stay away from them, but that Sith has some huge payoffs if you can get there. It's the closest thing to pure dramatic space opera since Empire.

I'm going to experiment with the IV, V, I, II, III, VI ordering for someone who's never seen them before. Wish me luck.

But yeah, they are very ballsy insofar as the topics Lucas is attacking are completely not conducive to blockbuster entertainment and were the periphery of the originals. Conversely, the main elements of the originals (a western in space) are relegated to the sidelines in the prequels.

I really don't get the notion that Sith is somehow much better in execution than the other 2 prequels, IMO it has all the same issues and flaws that the others had and isn't any better at all.