Controversial opinions about movies

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
The idea of the thread is to share your views about movies which may be deemed controversial by either the majority of people or film critics be it on this forum or anywhere else. For example:

- The Godfather, while a good film, is criminally overrated.

You get the idea. Not just to make whatever controversial opinion but to post ones you actually hold.

Post away 8-)

Not necessarily about a specific movie but... I believe the screenwriter of a film should get as much respect and praise as the director of a film gets. I feel like they go unnoticed.

I hate Silence of The Lambs.I find Cameron to be the most overrated director of all time.

Starship Troopers is underrated.

MiracleSleeper wrote:Not necessarily about a specific movie but... I believe the screenwriter of a film should get as much respect and praise as the director of a film gets. I feel like they go unnoticed.
:twothumbsup:

I can't stand Terrence Malick. His films are more about the fact that Terrence Malick has made another movie and less about the movie itself. And most of his shit is pretentious muck because of it.

I dig neither the original Star Wars trilogy, nor the Lord of the Rings trilogy. I'm honestly bored by both.

Oh, and a very recent one; I think Jonah Hill deserved his Oscar nomination. He was fantastic in Moneyball.

Nelson wrote:I dig neither the original Star Wars trilogy, nor the Lord of the Rings trilogy. I'm honestly bored by both.
I like you.

Nelson wrote:I can't stand Terrence Malick. His films are more about the fact that Terrence Malick has made another movie and less about the movie itself. And most of his shit is pretentious muck because of it.
I like you.

Inception isn't a great movie

Nelson wrote: Oh, and a very recent one; I think Jonah Hill deserved his Oscar nomination. He was fantastic in Moneyball.
I like you.