Controversial opinions about movies

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
TehBatGetsBraked wrote:I don't disown Kingdom of the Crystal Skull from the Indiana jones franchise

It has some redeeming qualities that I really like

It's not even close to Raiders or Crusade but i don't hate it nonetheless
Yes.

This scene is superb.

^ Wanna hear something controversial? 5 minute death-is-approaching clockwork sequence with well known finale is one of the best in Spidey series.

Sky007 wrote:Temple of Doom is better than Last Crusade
Correct.

I had watched The Godfather the other day and just finished Part II today, and I was thinking about which one I prefer. Both are great (obviously), but the first one had always been the best one for me, personally, and I was trying to think why and all that popped up in my head was that the first one was more entertaining. Then I came across this video of Al Pacino where he says the exact same thing!

https://screen.yahoo.com/al-pacino-pick ... rmat=embed

Not saying this has to apply for everyone obviously. I just thought it was a hell of a coincidence.

Pacino himself is what gives the second one the edge, IMO.

When Fredo reveals that he knows Johnny Ola... the mixture of apoplexy and grief that crosses Pacino's face is just extraordinary.

ArmandFancypants wrote:Pacino himself is what gives the second one the edge, IMO.

When Fredo reveals that he knows Johnny Ola... the mixture of apoplexy and grief that crosses Pacino's face is just extraordinary.
Yeah, no question Pacino gave a performance for the ages in Part II.

ArmandFancypants wrote:Pacino himself is what gives the second one the edge, IMO.

You mean De Niro?

A.I. might be my favorite Spielberg movie.

thegreypilgrim wrote:A.I. might be my favorite Spielberg movie.