Controversial opinions about movies

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
I have no complaints about TDKR whatsoever.
Brave New World

RyanRises wrote:I have no complaints about TDKR whatsoever.
Fanboy confirmed.

IWatchFilmsNotMovies wrote:
RyanRises wrote:I have no complaints about TDKR whatsoever.
Fanboy confirmed.
Brave New World

Silver Linings Playbook wasn't a good movie. Unique rom-com, maybe, but not carried out well at all.

BroskiSabor wrote:Silver Linings Playbook wasn't a good movie. Unique rom-com, maybe, but not carried out well at all.
Why you lurking my page brah?

Baz Luhrmann's films are very pretentious but with mediocre results. While visually rich, his flamboyant approach to drama, music and literature in a pseudo "contemporary" pop language is embarrassing to say the least. His filmography is tottally gay (in the lack of a better word).

dadosaboya wrote:Baz Luhrmann's films are very pretentious but with mediocre results. While visually rich, his flamboyant approach to drama, music and literature in a pseudo "contemporary" pop language is embarrassing to say the least. His filmography is tottally gay (in the lack of a better word).
It worked two times in a row: Romeo + Juliet and Moulin Rouge, Australia sucked and Great Gatsby looks like more of the same.

m4st4 wrote:It worked two times in a row: Romeo + Juliet and Moulin Rouge, Australia sucked and Great Gatsby looks like more of the same.
To be honest, Romeo + Juliet has at least, a great cast and uses the original text (which works), but makes everything feel like a disco club. The same thing with Moulin Rouge, only this time, it had the worse music adaptation ever, performed in a (of course) very gay way (not even Smells Like Teen Spirit escaped :lol: ). Didn't bother to see Australia and don't think Great Gatsby will be different.

dadosaboya wrote:
m4st4 wrote:It worked two times in a row: Romeo + Juliet and Moulin Rouge, Australia sucked and Great Gatsby looks like more of the same.
To be honest, Romeo + Juliet has at least, a great cast and uses the original text (which works), but makes everything feel like a disco club. The same thing with Moulin Rouge, only this time, it had the worse music adaptation ever, performed in a (of course) very gay way (not even Smells Like Teen Spirit escaped :lol: ). Didn't bother to see Australia and don't think Great Gatsby will be different.
Moulin Rouge was, imo, the only musical I could stomach (period from 2000 until now), I LOVED it.

dadosaboya wrote:
Are you homophobic?