Controversial opinions about movies

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Forum Pro
Law
Durden wrote:
Law wrote: Like from when the film released until now. Yeah the Wrestler can be argued but in my opinion, the Fountain is close.
The fountain's music was so great, and having it present as the backdrop in that particular scene made me teary eyed for sure. So good.
The build up to that scene is also amazing.. and then Jackman reacting by almost killing the doctor. So much emotional power

BroskiSabor wrote:
Cilogy wrote: Well, I was expecting someone to disagree, as I'm sure there are many Argo apologists out there.
The facts that you stated doesn't really diminish its status as a good movie.
True, but it does diminish it's status as among the best, if not the best of 2012.
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.

Cilogy wrote:
BroskiSabor wrote:
True, but it does diminish it's status as among the best, if not the best of 2012.
This. The only real backlash against Argo is in regards to the massive blowjob it got from the academy.

Cilogy wrote:
BroskiSabor wrote:
I can see that. I ranked it as my third favorite movie of 2012, but it was certainly far from the best of the year.

Durden wrote:
GoldHeartedSociopath wrote:Black Swan is Aronofsky's best film.
Agreed.
Over The Wrestler? Black Swan can be more fun to watch if that makes sense but Wrestler is just such an honest and heartbreaking film. I saw Black Swan as a step down.
Say Girl

Peace wrote:
Durden wrote: Agreed.
Over The Wrestler? Black Swan can be more fun to watch if that makes sense but Wrestler is just such an honest and heartbreaking film. I saw Black Swan as a step down.
In your opinion.
Brave New World

RyanRises wrote:
Peace wrote:
In your opinion.
Duh. Everything I say is just my opinion.
Say Girl

Peace wrote:
Durden wrote: Agreed.
Let's be real: Black Swan is pretty damn honest and (sort of) heartbreaking as well. The life of a dancer seriously is pretty crazy.

Peace wrote:
RyanRises wrote: In your opinion.
Duh. Everything I say is just my opinion.
Try being objective.
Brave New World

BroskiSabor wrote:
Peace wrote:
Let's be real: Black Swan is pretty damn honest and (sort of) heartbreaking as well. The life of a dancer seriously is pretty crazy.
I hate her moster of a mother. It's not that it isn't an "honest" film. It just seems more in the relm of fantasy if that makes sense. The Wrestler just felt so real to me. I enjoy both films. The Wrestler made way more of an emotional impact on me though.
Say Girl