Controversial opinions about movies

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Vader182 wrote:It's a pretty consensus opinion that it's schmaltzy and sentimental to the point of self parody. I know of few champions for the film.

-Vader
ArmandFancypants wrote:It's the only Mendes film that really irks me.
when did this happen?

The only Mendes film that irks me is Jarhead.

I know the term "pretentious" basically has no weight to it these days with how much the internet slings it around, but if there ever was a film that fit that word to the tee, it would be American Beauty.

The plastic bag scene is still to this day one of my least favorite scenes ever filmed.

ChristNolan wrote:I know the term "pretentious" basically has no weight to it these days with how much the internet slings it around, but if there ever was a film that fit that word to the tee, it would be American Beauty.

The plastic bag scene is still to this day one of my least favorite scenes ever filmed.
Does anyone understand how ironic this is?

ChristNolan wrote:I know the term "pretentious" basically has no weight to it these days with how much the internet slings it around, but if there ever was a film that fit that word to the tee, it would be American Beauty.

Then you should read the comments on this vid for a good laugh:

LoneCooper wrote:

Does anyone understand how ironic this is?
Go on then..

ArmandFancypants wrote:It's the only Mendes film that really irks me.
This. Though I have never seen Jarhead or Away We Go.£

So I guess it was a good post

and

f u guys

American Beauty is a great classic movie.

Last edited by bootsy on July 28th, 2015, 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

meh