Controversial opinions about movies

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
The Thin Red Line has the greatest score ever written for a film. Christopher Nolan himself agrees with this.

Hans Zimmer is the greatest film composer of all time. Yes, even better than John Williams.

Shirley Walker's Batman theme may just be the best Batman theme.

*ducks in cover and runs away*

I think I might prefer the truck/bomb chase at the end of TDKR to the one in TDK.

MeLVaNoaTe wrote:I think I might prefer the truck/bomb chase at the end of TDKR to the one in TDK.
I agree with this

MeLVaNoaTe wrote:I think I might prefer the truck/bomb chase at the end of TDKR to the one in TDK.
I actually agree.

The truck flip/how Heath was shot as the Batpod spins out of control is one of my all time favorite moments in film. The spinning IMAX camera, coupled with "Hit me!" and his little "Hmm"... perfection.

Crazy Eight wrote:
The truck flip/how Heath was shot as the Batpod spins out of control is one of my all time favorite moments in film. The spinning IMAX camera, coupled with "Hit me!" and his little "Hmm"... perfection.
What he said.

TDK's car chase > TDKR car chase in my book.

Crazy Eight wrote:
TDKs definitely has higher highs from the first appearance of the Batpod to the truck flip but everything else in-between kind of falls flat while Nolan was able to consistently maintain tension in TDKRs. The chase scene choreography was also better in the latter.

TDK's chase scene is much more precisely directed while TDKR's chase scene is much more chaotic/tense. They're about on the same level when it comes to quality imo