Controversial opinions about movies

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen is a solidly entertaining film.

thegreypilgrim wrote:The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen is a solidly entertaining film.
I enjoyed it more than most. I mean, it does have its missteps, but overall it's pretty fun.

Yeah i enjoyed that movie as well.

CoolwhipSpecial wrote:
thegreypilgrim wrote:The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen is a solidly entertaining film.
I enjoyed it more than most. I mean, it does have its missteps, but overall it's pretty fun.
It does have it's missteps? In comparison to Alan Moore material, it's nothing but a giant misstep.

^ Well maybe there're not using the graphic novel as a point of reference, and enjoying it as just a film.

If I want my dose of steampunk, I just go and play some Bioshock Infinite. In other words, while I don't hate this film (simply because I can't remember the last time I saw it), I just don't care about it.

I never actually saw it, all I've ever heard is it isn't worth seeing pretty unanimously from people.

BlairCo wrote:^ Well maybe there're not using the graphic novel as a point of reference, and enjoying it as just a film.
Probably yeah. But that's like watching Snyder's Watchmen without Moore in your head, why wouldn't you compliment your viewing with more details?

Then again, I can imagine someone saying it's a 'solidly entertaining movie', why not.

m4st4 wrote:
CoolwhipSpecial wrote:
It does have it's missteps? In comparison to Alan Moore material, it's nothing but a giant misstep.
People say the same thing about V For Vendetta, but I actually like the film VFV over Moore's graphic novel.

V for Vendetta was translated well for the big screen, more than well I'd say. It depends, on which elements you choose to interpret and how.