Controversial opinions about movies

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Allstar wrote:Chastain screaming "eureka!" and then kissing Topher Grace in Interstellar was incredibly corny.
Ya wasn't my favorite either. Nolan always has to add some corny dialogue in their. Haha

BlairCo wrote:Robert Pattinson in The Rover is still my favorite supporting actor performance from 2014, more than JK Simmons in Whiplash.
I can see this. Whiplash is very much in JK Simmons' wheelhouse, whereas The Rover coaxed a performance out of Pattinson nobody had seen before.

Durden wrote:
Allstar wrote:Chastain screaming "eureka!" and then kissing Topher Grace in Interstellar was incredibly corny.
Ya wasn't my favorite either. Nolan always has to add some corny dialogue in their. Haha
You know, on paper (screen?) you guys are 100% right. For me though, that scene hit such a crescendo that it was worth it.

ArmandFancypants wrote:
Allstar wrote:Watts and Ryan were better than Stone in Birdman.
Duncan is better than all.
Yep.

Forum Pro
Law
The end credits score to Man of Steel is better than most of the Interstellar soundtrack.

I don't know about that, but all of the tracks in the credits especially the last one sounded pretty glorious to my ears. Zimmer was on fire in 2013 and yet his works remained exceptionally underappreciated.£

Zimmer phoned it in in 2013. He scored Man of Steel, The Lone Ranger, Rush and 12 Years a Slave, all of which weren't particularly memorable (except Man of Steel, but it was hardly anything ground-breaking for him).

I didn't care for his 2013 at all really. 12 Years was pretty bad besides the Colin Stetson track.

I don't even have Zimmer as one of my top 10 favorite composers but he's currently one of the top 3 I can name when it comes to melodic music. His main themes for Rush, 12 Years and even TASM 2 from last year were all satisfying and then some.£

Master Virgo wrote:I don't even have Zimmer as one of my top 10 favorite composers but he's currently one of the top 3 I can name when it comes to melodic music.
Well that's because he's outright the most popular composer out there