Controversial opinions about movies

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Cillian Murphy should have played DiCaprio's role in Gangs of New York.

Allstar wrote:Cillian Murphy should have played DiCaprio's role in Gangs of New York.
I don't have a problem with that.

Allstar wrote:Cillian Murphy should have played DiCaprio's role in Gangs of New York.
Fine.

It'd still be a shitty role.

If ever there was a film that needed to be a mini-series, that was it. Marty was about a decade too early... instead it's just another generic revenge story with a fascinating setting and surrounding. So... Braveheart again. It's little wonder that a lot of audiences decided to latch themselves onto Bill's tale rather than Amsterdam's... that's the role that concerns itself more with the fascinating infrastructure, the ins and outs of New York.

Never has a more solid stack of screenwriters yielded so little. Until Unbroken anyway.

It never quite lives up to that grand, bloody opening in the snow. That sequence is just classic... and then everything else isn't, except for DDL's performance.

Forum Pro
Law
Ryan Reynolds has the worst cry face

Natalie Portman is probably the queen of ugly crying.

In lieu of Vader saying my comments were racist and Bootsy telling me I'm an idiot: http://www.theguardian.com/culture/2015 ... s-coloured

Cumberbatch obviously misspoke and was actually making a very good point in defense of black actors. I'm all for black actors getting more opportunities, but I would also like to see more Asians, Hispanics, and Indians as well, not to mention women (am I Sasha Stone, now?)

Skyab23 wrote:In lieu of Vader saying my comments were racist and Bootsy telling me I'm an idiot: http://www.theguardian.com/culture/2015 ... s-coloured

Cumberbatch obviously misspoke and was actually making a very good point in defense of black actors. I'm all for black actors getting more opportunities, but I would also like to see more Asians, Hispanics, and Indians as well, not to mention women (am I Sasha Stone, now?)
Wow really. So this is your defense for saying all Duvernay casts is black actors. Which is not true and even if she did so what? This article isn't even close to what you were saying. Get outta here with this nonsense.

bootsy wrote:
Skyab23 wrote:In lieu of Vader saying my comments were racist and Bootsy telling me I'm an idiot: http://www.theguardian.com/culture/2015 ... s-coloured

Wow really. So this is your defense for saying all Duvernay casts is black actors. Which is not true and even if she did so what? This article isn't even close to what you were saying. Get outta here with this nonsense.
My god bootsy, you take everything I say the wrong way. I was just tongue in cheek posting this article about race in lieu of what we discussed yesterday, there is no correlation between the two. And I'll say again, I don't care one bit if she casts all black actors, I simply asked, based on her record of casting and subject matter of films and documentaries, is she an activist of sorts?

I remember at one time me and you were two of the few on this site that thought 12 Years was 2013's best film. Can we not just hug it out and stop the character assassinations over things that have been misinterpreted? Olive branch?