Controversial opinions about movies

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
MiracleSleeper2 wrote: Alright, well at least you admit it's simply escapist entertainment. So I agree, I was in the wrong for comparing the two. I admit defeat. I'm just so used to people praising Marvel films as these deep masterpieces. And trust me, I've heard it a lot.
This isn't an opinion thing, it's literally its genre. The films are apolitical and purposefully undernourished in terms of story and metaphor. Whedon's even said this. Of course people praise the Marvel movies, they're fun. People like to have fun dude.

Also, IM3, Winter Soldier, and Guardians all have what could be identified as pretty rich content as far as blockbusters go, certainly more than V.

-Vader

Vader182 wrote: Of course people praise the Marvel movies, they're fun. People like to have fun dude.
Ehem...
I mean don't get me wrong, I don't have anything against the type of films they've been making.
^^I enjoy the Marvel films, they are fun. But you can still make a serious film and make it enjoyable at the same time. Plenty of comic book films have done that already.

MiracleSleeper2 wrote:
Vader182 wrote: Of course people praise the Marvel movies, they're fun. People like to have fun dude.
Ehem...
I mean don't get me wrong, I don't have anything against the type of films they've been making.
^^I enjoy the Marvel films, they are fun. But you can still make a serious film and make it enjoyable at the same time. Plenty of comic book films have done that already.
The Winter Soldier tackles political themes are serious as a 'fun comic book movie' can.

Crazy Eight wrote:
MiracleSleeper2 wrote:
Ehem...
The Winter Soldier tackles political themes are serious as a 'fun comic book movie' can.
Yeah, TWS was pretty good actually.

Big fan of Kubrick (2001:Is my all time favorite) but BARRY LYNDON has to be one of the most boring/uninteresting films ever made.
Also, The Shining is ridiculous.

Spielberg is a hack and one of the most overrated directors of all times. His films post-Jaws are hollow and boring, and either too kid-friendly, baity or just plain bad. And John Williams scores get on my nerves.

TDK_jackasstrange wrote:Big fan of Kubrick (2001:Is my all time favorite) but BARRY LYNDON has to be one of the most boring/uninteresting films ever made.

Spielberg is a hack and one of the most overrated directors of all times. His films post-Jaws are hollow and boring, and either too kid-friendly, baity or just plain bad. And John Williams scores get on my nerves.
4 posts in, we might have something here for once ladies and gents. My body is ready

TDK_jackasstrange wrote:Big fan of Kubrick (2001:Is my all time favorite) but BARRY LYNDON has to be one of the most boring/uninteresting films ever made.

Now this is what I call HARDCORE.

If you want to go controversial at least go full controversial.

Vader, watch and learn baby... watch and learn.

I agree with Barry Lyndon being one of Kubricks least interesting.

I also agree with you about Speilberg... Except for calling him a Hack. I do think he's overrated and that many of his films are shallow and predictable, but even so hack is going to far.

Still... I like you so far lol

RIFA wrote:

Now this is what I call HARDCORE.

If you want to go controversial at least go full controversial.

Vader, watch and learn baby... watch and learn.
This isn't that controversial if you spend 10 minutes with any group of people studying film.