Controversial opinions about movies

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Terrence Malick's films are bloated, overlong and quite frankly boring IMHO.

gaspernoe wrote:Terrence Malick's films are bloated, overlong and quite frankly boring IMHO.
I would say that's kinda the norm for lots of people regarding his movies.
Say Girl

Redsmile wrote:I would say that's kinda the norm for lots of people regarding his movies.
I always got the impression that loads of people considered his films to be masterpieces, like up there with the best of Stanley Kubrick's work.

gaspernoe wrote:Terrence Malick's films are bloated, overlong and quite frankly boring IMHO.

gaspernoe wrote:
Redsmile wrote:I would say that's kinda the norm for lots of people regarding his movies.
I always got the impression that loads of people considered his films to be masterpieces, like up there with the best of Stanley Kubrick's work.

I would say its 50/50

Younger generations don't like him... go figure
Say Girl

gaspernoe wrote:
He divides people on this board completely, it's not controversial to say either way round here.

Ang Lee's Hulk was probably one of the first dark mainstream Superhero Films to have emerged.

i like musicals

Allstar wrote:i like musicals

BlairCo wrote:
Allstar wrote:i like musicals