Snowpiercer (2013)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
JohnConstantine wrote:
Ruth wrote:
JohnConstantine wrote: Do the images show? The henchman in suit :D only one line spoken :lol:
Yeah, that's the guy - I mean, the fat one, lol. God he annoyed me as hell, he was like a freaking terminator, but not in a good way.
I wish they had killed him in the sauna and finally be over with it. But no! He still manages to get up and fight once again! :lol:
:lol:

Actually he is a very good romanian actor, seen him in a few movies (the Palm D'Or's 4 month, 3 weeks and 2 days, and Golden Bear - Berlinale - Child's Pose as a cameo) and he's menacing as fuck (and sleezy). In this one I found it funny that he spoke only one line and that towards the end, but i was glad he had so much screen time. I liked that annoyed face of his :lol:
I didn't say he was a bad actor. I've actually seen 4 months, 3 weeks and 2 days, can't remember it well, but it was disturbing and pretty depressing.

EDIT: the more I think about Snowpiercer, the more I like it. Damn, I wish I could've seen in theater. :(

Durden wrote:Thought this was pretty mediocre
Same.

This whole film felt really uneven. You have a wacky performance from Tilda Swinton, which was great, but put that next to the overt seriousness from Chris Evans and others, and you have a jarring difference in tone that was difficult for me to buy. The juxtaposition of silliness and seriousness almost made it seem like an anime film, in fact I think this would have worked better as an anime.

The editing and dialogue were pretty inconsistent here and there; nothing felt solid and coherent. The social and political commentary is too obvious and felt boring after a while. The subject matter is something I feel has been explored already in many films. Granted, lots of films go back and try to retell messages about humanity, but they at the very least approach it in an fresh way (or they make it seem fresh and engaging). Snowpiercer doesn't seem to bring anything new to the table or make any part of itself seem interesting enough to follow.

Cilogy wrote:This whole film felt really uneven. You have a wacky performance from Tilda Swinton, which was great, but put that next to the overt seriousness from Chris Evans and others, and you have a jarring difference in tone that was difficult for me to buy. The juxtaposition of silliness and seriousness almost made it seem like an anime film, in fact I think this would have worked better as an anime.

The editing and dialogue were pretty inconsistent here and there; nothing felt solid and coherent. The social and political commentary is too obvious and felt boring after a while. The subject matter is something I feel has been explored already in many films. Granted, lots of films go back and try to retell messages about humanity, but they at the very least approach it in an fresh way (or they make it seem fresh and engaging). Snowpiercer doesn't seem to bring anything new to the table or make any part of itself seem interesting enough to follow.
Nailed it.

I dunno. I really liked it.

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:I dunno. I really liked it.

-Vader
Have you disliked anything this year? :P

The action was pretty spectacular for such a claustrophobic location.

Durden wrote:
Vader182 wrote:I dunno. I really liked it.

-Vader
Have you disliked anything this year? :P
300? lol

I rather disliked Under the Skin, but it did too many things right, namely the effects, not to give it a B something, even if a B-.

-Vader

I think it was pretty darn effective all together, all tied up with neat little concept.

I still strongly believe the Bong-man should return to Korean films. His next project is said to be a mix of Korea and US (settings/dialogue).

jibran wrote: His next project is said to be a mix of Korea and US (settings/dialogue).
Thats awesome news. I hope we get another all-star ensemble cast.