What was the last movie you watched? III

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Chinatown

9/10

Polanski may not be the best human being around but he makes damn good films. My dad bought it on DVD a while back and I never got around to watching it. It's a fantastic film. I loved it, beautifully shot, great story etc and it also has an amazing score.
Good stuff.
Do you... like pineapple?

8.2/10

Social network 8/10
Great movie, loved the darker tone of the whole film.

Girl with the dragon Tattoo 9.25/10
My favorite Fincher film, has its flaws for sure but in love with the cinematography and thought it was Craig's best performance.

Warrior 9/10 My second favorite movie of last year, Hardy was amazing as always. So much more than a typical sports movie, and loved the soundtrack.

durden_77 wrote:Social network 8/10

My favorite Fincher film, has its flaws for sure but in love with the cinematography and thought it was Craig's best performance.

Warrior 9/10 My second favorite movie of last year, Hardy was amazing as always. So much more than a typical sports movie, and loved the soundtrack.
I already like you. :-D

You have very great taste. Welcome to the forums!

The Birds (1963)-9.5/10
"All this 'good vs evil' shit's been played out. It's now time for 'BAD VS. EVIL'

-David Ayer on Suicide Squad.

What was your favourite movie from 2011?

Just Go With It - 7/10
I am always surprised at how heartfelt these Adam Sandler films pan put to be. All you get in the trailer is the gags, I remember Click and 50 First Dates being the same way. That said, I will still not go anywhere near watching Jack&Jill.

the_red_ninja wrote:

What was your favourite movie from 2011?

Just Go With It - 7/10
I am always surprised at how heartfelt these Adam Sandler films pan put to be. All you get in the trailer is the gags, I remember Click and 50 First Dates being the same way. That said, I will still not go anywhere near watching Jack&Jill.
Jack and Jill is a cinema landmark.Don't miss out on it!

PowerDump wrote:
m4st4 wrote:Image
Alien (1979) - Ridley Scott

You are my lucky star. You are my lucky star. You are my lucky star.

VERDICT: *****

*RIFA, you were right.
Glad quite a few people here really like this film.
And for once, I'm with them! :)
David emerges from the store slowly. He braces himself against a parked car and then keeps on walking in a nightmarish daze.

WE PULL BACK as David blends in with dozens and dozens of ordinary people, walking on an ordinary street, in an ordinary city.

Why have many people been watching Alien lately?

Alien: Director's Cut - 10/10

Even though there weren't as much new scenes, there was the whole cocoon thing, which boosts it up a little more than the original. The dialogue and the acting seemed very natural, and for it's time,more than a quarter of a century ago, it was incredible. I felt sorry for my friend who was eating spaghetti during the chestburster scene. My mom was about to faint when
Ash was revealed to be an alien and was gushing white liquids.

juliansplat4 wrote: My mom was about to faint when
Ash was revealed to be an alien and was gushing white liquids.
Android yo? Crazy scene, I absolutely loved it. Horrifyingly good stuff.
Do you... like pineapple?