What was the last movie you watched? III

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
thrice wrote:the first hour of BB is the best thing Nolan has done imo
Maybe not the best thing, but I agree that the first part was much better than the conclusion, in which the Scarecrow, who at the moment was an interesting and well-acted villain, starts to scare people in a potato sack-halloween costume. :|
Master Virgo wrote:Chronicle (2012)
Rating: 8.4/10
Personal Interest's Rate: 8.3/10

:clap: I thought it was very good. An original take with the classic Superhero Origin Story. One can read this kind of decostruction a million times in a comic-book, but it's refreshing to watch it in a movie. It reminded me a little of the manga AKIRA, a similar concept.
Un lladre es un artista. Fa servir la imaginació per lluirse cuan roba el seu trofeu. Els detectius només analitzen el delicte i ens denuncien. Els detectius son uns simples critics.

didich wrote:Maybe not the best thing, but I agree that the first part was much better than the conclusion, in which the Scarecrow, who at the moment was an interesting and well-acted villain, starts to scare people in a potato sack-halloween costume. :|
:lol: That's pretty much what Scarecrow is.
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.

Following, appropriately enough.

The Incredibles - 8/10
Had never seen it before, it is good and fun :)

Egami wrote:Image

The Incredibles - 8/10
My favorite Pixar movie. The design concept style is based on elegant 50's illustration. Great story, fantastic cast (Craig T. Nelson, Holly Hunter, Jason Lee, Samuel L. Jackson) and a kickass soundtrack filled with influences of John Barry's James Bond scores. John Lasseter and Brad Bird rule!

dadosaboya wrote:
Egami wrote:Image

The Incredibles - 8/10
My favorite Pixar movie. The design concept style is based on elegant 50's illustration. Great story, fantastic cast (Craig T. Nelson, Holly Hunter, Jason Lee, Samuel L. Jackson) and a kickass soundtrack filled with influences of John Barry's James Bond scores. John Lasseter and Brad Bird rule!
Tied favourite Pixar Movie (With Up)
Extra points for a truly AWESOME soundtrack:

Threshold wrote:
dadosaboya wrote: My favorite Pixar movie. The design concept style is based on elegant 50's illustration. Great story, fantastic cast (Craig T. Nelson, Holly Hunter, Jason Lee, Samuel L. Jackson) and a kickass soundtrack filled with influences of John Barry's James Bond scores. John Lasseter and Brad Bird rule!
Tied favourite Pixar Movie (With Up)
Extra points for a truly AWESOME soundtrack:
Been meaning to watch this for a while now.

Sunshine
Fantastic score,beautiful cinematography,nice atmosphere and good acting.Even me noticing more flaws in the script haven't affected this pleasurable rewatch.
8/10

Threshold wrote:
dadosaboya wrote:Image

Tied favourite Pixar Movie (With Up). Extra points for a truly AWESOME soundtrack:
I really love UP too, and yeah! The soundtrack is awesome! Listening to this track reminds me that when Tintin came out, I debated with Vader that, though I liked it, I didn't quite feel that Tintin-Hergé mood. Now it came to me: the soundtrack should've been more jazzy like this. John Williams is a master, but maybe if his score was more like what he'd done in Catch Me If You Can, it would've been better.

The Incredibles ending titles sequence with this track is fantastic!

Contact (1997)
Rating: 7.3/10
Personal Interest's Rate: 7.6/10