What was the last movie you watched? III

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Black Swan (2010)-9.25/10
"All this 'good vs evil' shit's been played out. It's now time for 'BAD VS. EVIL'

-David Ayer on Suicide Squad.

thenextnolan wrote: Black Swan (2010)-9.25/10
ugh

thenextnolan wrote:Image
:clap: :clap: :clap:

thenextnolan wrote:Image
Movie is amazing :twothumbsup:

Scent of a Woman 5/5

Fantastic film

I bow down to Pacino. Amazing performance. This is a great example of fantastic realism as promoted by Chekhov/Vakhtangov. The actor first captivates the viewer with the surreal characterization, and then reveals a complex inner life.

mchekhov wrote:Scent of a Woman 5/5

Fantastic film

I bow down to Pacino. Amazing performance. This is a great example of fantastic realism as promoted by Chekhov/Vakhtangov. The actor first captivates the viewer with the surreal characterization, and then reveals a complex inner life.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

X1000000000

Fantastic film

No doubt Pacino deserved the Oscar. Also, a great score by Thomas Newman. :twothumbsup:
"All this 'good vs evil' shit's been played out. It's now time for 'BAD VS. EVIL'

-David Ayer on Suicide Squad.

Fantastic film

Amazing performance. I think you should revise his performance in The Godfather Part II. I think you're a little bit overlooking it.

ragul712 wrote:
Master Virgo wrote:Personal Interest's Rate/quote]

What does this mean? :modesty:
As you can see I have two separate ratings. One is for the quality (both opinion and facts) of the film and the other is about the strength of the connection that I would have with the elements of the films. For example If a movie is in my favorite genre or my favorite actors are in it, aside from the matter of how good their performances really are or how well made the film is, my personal interest's rate would increase.

Rope-

An absolute pleasure for those who relish in the technical side of filmmaking, I couldn't help but be completely floored at Hitchcock's mastery of, well, everything. Performances (mostly) pitch-perfect, photography always perfectly composed, and it's incredibly amazing when realizing he had walls move in/out mid-shot so as to move the camera how he wanted, keeping the intricate choreography in camera.

Technical mastery aside, it features a surprisingly philosophical focus from Hitchcock, with Rope acting more as a commentary on the psychology and emotions of those who profess to nihilism and the like. Though the suspense came from less complex places, many moments built to heart pounding intensity
specifically when the table was being cleared off, seemingly nearing opening, as well as the whole third act if you could call it that)
and always a great sense of moral and philosophical intrigue. This may be one of my favorite performances from Jimmy Stewart, playing a fascinating character perfectly juxtaposing the film's other characters while portraying a nihilistic college professor with great wit and irony. Unlike Rear Window and Vertigo (and others), Stewart was actually extremely well cast, bringing a subtle intensity to his performance.

Fine acting and themes and characters that are as captivating as complex populate this highly ambitious display of filmmaking (mostly) single take talent, Rope is a minor masterpiece.

Hate rating old movies, but 8.5-8.75ish.

Virgo- I may steal your rating system if that's okay with you.

-Vader