What was the last movie you watched? III

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Grobyc wrote:Inglourious Basterds

This movie proved me once again that I really REALLY don't like Tarantino movies. I loved the 2 first chapters, I was really into it, but after that - borefest. So for me, humour, Pitt and Waltz saved this movie from being horrable.

5/10 (yeah, don't shoot me, please)
You really shouldn't watch Tarantino-movies :D It's obvious that Tarantino is not your style.

Primal Fear

Great movie. Ending was predictable, but it was cool nonetheless and awesome debut by Mr. Norton. Great performance.

8/10

Citizen Kane - The hype over this film made me think I probably wouldn't like it, at least not on first viewing (It took 2 viewings for me to get into The Godfather part I...)

Happily I was able to enjoy it right away!

Good story, some excellent dialogue and of course some AMAZING technical achievements for the time!

5/5 Stars

The_Maestro wrote:Citizen Kane

Same thing with me, I didn't think I was going to like it, but I just needed to watch it anyway. I liked the movie from start to end!
David emerges from the store slowly. He braces himself against a parked car and then keeps on walking in a nightmarish daze.

WE PULL BACK as David blends in with dozens and dozens of ordinary people, walking on an ordinary street, in an ordinary city.

Erik wrote:
The_Maestro wrote:Citizen Kane

Same thing with me, I didn't think I was going to like it, but I just needed to watch it anyway. I liked the movie from start to end!
Truly a masterpiece.

Black Friday - Based on the 1993 Mumbai blasts. A gritty, realistic film. 9/10.
A Wednesday - Another film based on terrorism. It has a great ending. 9/10

Highlander

It's got a cool premise and there are some really cool ideas. However, the film is unfortunately heavily dated and stuck in it's time period.

6.5/10

GI Joe. It was a good movie but I liked Transformers 2 better

Hard Candy

Worth a watch for the performances.

7.5/10

What did you think og JGL in GI Joe