What was the last movie you watched? III

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
mchekhov wrote:Martha Marcy May Marlene

3/5

a pretty interesting look at how somebody's social behavior is disturbed after being involved with a cult like family. Really liked how subtle the ending was.
What about Olsen?

m4st4 wrote:
mchekhov wrote:Martha Marcy May Marlene

3/5

a pretty interesting look at how somebody's social behavior is disturbed after being involved with a cult like family. Really liked how subtle the ending was.
What about Olsen?

she was good. It's the same school of acting as Michael Shannon studied. They were taught to simply serve the story, and that's what they do. So the same comments apply to her.

I recognized the sister from Game Change

mchekhov wrote:
m4st4 wrote:
What about Olsen?

she was good. It's the same school of acting as Michael Shannon studied. So the same comments apply to her.
Yup, naturalism. Now if only she gets to smoke Spike Lee's joint, that would give her another significant boost.

m4st4 wrote:
mchekhov wrote:

she was good. It's the same school of acting as Michael Shannon studied. So the same comments apply to her.
Yup, naturalism. Now if only she gets to smoke Spike Lee's joint, that would give her another significant boost.

she's in a beat generation film right now, with Radcliffe playing Allen Ginsburg

mchekhov wrote:
m4st4 wrote:

she's in a beat generation film right now, with Radcliffe playing Allen Ginsburg
Killing Your Darlings, yup. Plus, Michael C. Hall. Should be interesting enough.

Brake - 4/10

It's not bad but man this is so ludicrous. The ending is facepalm-worthy

American History X - 8.5/10

A very provocative and underrated film. Another reason why I simply adore Edward Norton.

Watching Shawshank on AMC right now :-D

juliansplat4 wrote:American History X - 8.5/10

A very provocative and underrated film. Another reason why I simply adore Edward Norton.
I only watched it last month and
I didn't know how the film ended beofre watching the film, which was a relief. Because it has one of the most miserable, downbeat endings I've ever seen. I couldn't get to sleep easily after watching it.

MI: Ghost Protocol. 8/10. Best popcorn movie in a long time.