What was the last movie you watched? III

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Cilogy wrote:The Hunger Games - 8.8/10

Loved it. :clap:

Great story, great characters, solid emotional depth, everything worked so well. The trilogy looks very promising. In a way it kinda reminds me of the same wonder I had when I got into Harry Potter; a curious new world with young characters in challenging situations set in an epic scale. I also love strong female leads, and I'm glad we're slowly getting more of them these days. Jen Law gives a great emotional performance.

It was thrilling and surprising considering the calmness of the first half the film; the second half sort of switches into intense action overdrive.

However, I should bring up how others have said that it feels like an R rated film toned down to PG-13. While I somewhat agree with this, which made the tone seem a bit inconsistent at times, it's based on young adult fiction. Obviously you can't have it end up like a gory Hollywood slasher. That being said, I did want it to push a little harder at times, maybe show a little more intensity.
Could you teach me how to like shitty movies?

Forum Pro
Law
Jen Law gives a great emotional performance.
I'll tell my cuz you said that

I saw 'A Seperation' yesterday, the Iranian movie that won Best Foreign Film..

Absolutely fantastic. Small, human film. I really enjoyed it. An easy 9/10.

Blue Valentine: 7.5/10
solid movie carried by awesome performances. Thought it was Gosling's best performance yet, and William's is always great.

I finished watching all 4 True Blood seasons. Pretty bitching show.

Crazy Eight wrote:
Cilogy wrote:The Hunger Games - 8.8/10

Loved it. :clap:

Great story, great characters, solid emotional depth, everything worked so well. The trilogy looks very promising. In a way it kinda reminds me of the same wonder I had when I got into Harry Potter; a curious new world with young characters in challenging situations set in an epic scale. I also love strong female leads, and I'm glad we're slowly getting more of them these days. Jen Law gives a great emotional performance.

It was thrilling and surprising considering the calmness of the first half the film; the second half sort of switches into intense action overdrive.

However, I should bring up how others have said that it feels like an R rated film toned down to PG-13. While I somewhat agree with this, which made the tone seem a bit inconsistent at times, it's based on young adult fiction. Obviously you can't have it end up like a gory Hollywood slasher. That being said, I did want it to push a little harder at times, maybe show a little more intensity.
Could you teach me how to like shitty movies?
Get in line bud