What was the last movie you watched? III

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Bueller wrote:Kick-Ass: 6/10.
Disappointing. :thumbdown:

I'm with ya on that. In fact, I wouldn't even give it a 6.

TeddyBlass wrote:

I gotta agree on this one, It had some great moments, but everybody was just like, "Oh its just so good, you've never seen anything like it". Well to me, it was a huge disappointment.

TeddyBlass wrote:

Heh, well I enjoyed the first hour or so of the film. I just found it terribly uneven overall and agree with Ebert's assertation that as the film grew darker, my enjoyment decreased. I was expecting something more comical than this film ultimately was, which perhaps isn't surprising since I don't think either Vaughan or Jane Goldman knew what it was meant to be either. I haven't read the comic so can't speak to that.
I gotta agree on this one, It had some great moments, but everybody was just like, "Oh its just so good, you've never seen anything like it". Well to me, it was a huge disappointment.
Well, I haven't seen a film that is such a complete mess in terms of coherence before, so I suppose that is true. It actually felt like I was watching two different films who happened to feature the same characters.

I didn't think the directing was anything to write home about either. In fact, I had trouble understanding what the hell was going on in the action sequences at the end and I say that as someone who has never had trouble following anything in Nolan or Paul Greengrass' shakey-cam sequences.

The Terminator - (9.3/10)

war of the worlds 8/10

V for Vendetta- 9.5/10

I really liked the action, Hugo Weaving as V, and the score. Easily in my top 4 comic/graphic novel films.

2010 - 4/10

Friday 13th (2009) - 2/10

-__-

Scarface - This movie never gets old.

Rohan wrote:Scarface - This movie never gets old.
:thumbup:

Scarface
geez sooooooooooooooooo overrated
ok film but not worthy of its poster being on every rappers wall.
Say Girl