What was the last movie you watched? III

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
NHassell14 wrote:Burn After Reading - 4/5

Possibly my favourite Coen Brothers film. Great characters, sumptuously silly and packed to the rim with laughs. If only I could like the Coen Brothers other films as much as I do this one (bar No County For Old Men).
O Brother Where Art Thou? had the same influence as No Country and Burn - all three pictures are brilliant

last night and today i saw first three motion pictures by a great director Ang Lee:

Pushing Hands, Wedding Banquet and Eat Drink Man Woman

i give all three pictures 10/10

these were some of the greatest emotionally charged movies I have evr seen - definitely not your average hollywood sentimentality

The Time Machine - 5/10

Sleeping with the Enemy - 5/10

Enter The Dragon

The only thing I liked was the action. The dialog and some of the acting was a bit off
5/10

MrG
niniendowarrior wrote:
chee wrote:
I thought that movie was severely over-long.
Personally, I thought so too. I think Peter Jackson doesn't have a grip on his time management. I will say though that the star of the movie remains to be Jack Black. If only he made movies I wanted to watch... :think:
I didn't feel that way. It's length didn't bother me. Probably because I watch a lot of long movies.

Brooklyn's Finest - 7/10

It was decent overall and I really like Cheadle and Hawke in it but I didn't care for Richard Gere or his story in the film. I was hoping for a better ending also.

Escape From Alcatraz 8.7/10

The ending was underwhelming considering the superb beginning

Deja Vu 6.7/10

this movie had potential....then threw it down the toilet

Doodlebug - (4/5)
Followig - (8/10)
And I'm gonna watch Memento in just a moment.
I'm watching all Nolan's movies, before I wacth Inception.

Smile wrote:Doodlebug - (4/5)
Followig - (8/10)
And I'm gonna watch Memento in just a moment.
I'm watching all Nolan's movies, before I wacth Inception.
Lucky guy.. enjoy your supa-duba-uber Nolangasm..

NHassell14 wrote:Burn After Reading - 4/5

Possibly my favourite Coen Brothers film. Great characters, sumptuously silly and packed to the rim with laughs. If only I could like the Coen Brothers other films as much as I do this one (bar No County For Old Men).
Just curious if you've seen Miller's Crossing, I'm not a huge Coen fan, but I consider that to be their best work. A wonderful screenplay and great characters.