What was the last movie you watched? III

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
I had just finished watching Following for the first time. I could have rented it, but I would have rather owned it first.

so much for this section being non-nolan.

The Dark Knight: the Imax experience.
For some reason (?!) the imax theatre of my town re-release TDK for just one week, so I decide to go to see it in Imax for the first time (I watch it twice before in regular theatres and several times on DVD).
But...OH MY GOOD!!! I just can believe my eyes.
The only thing I can say is: if you don't see TDK in Imax so you don't see it at all. Sorry guys. That's my statement.
I can't wait to see if Chris Nolan will use the Imax on Inception.

natalie wrote:The Dark Knight: the Imax experience.
For some reason (?!) the imax theatre of my town re-release TDK for just one week, so I decide to go to see it in Imax for the first time (I watch it twice before in regular theatres and several times on DVD).
But...OH MY GOOD!!! I just can believe my eyes.
The only thing I can say is: if you don't see TDK in Imax so you don't see it at all. Sorry guys. That's my statement.
I can't wait to see if Chris Nolan will use the Imax on Inception.
I unfortunately wasn't able to see The Dark Knight in IMAX, but if Inception is in IMAX then I'm definitely going to get the full experience.

I bought the other day Public Enemies on Blu-ray, so I watched it. It was brilliant, I saw it for the second time, and I... I simply love this movie. Christian Bale plays a character "inferior" to Depp's character, but I think someone had to do it, and Bale is a brilliant actor who can also play smaller roles in great movies. He doesn't always have to be the central character of a film, and he knows that every time he plays such a character. Think of it: in the last of his movies he only played supportive characters; think of The Dark Knight, Terminator Salvation, Public Enemies, and I think that in his upcoming movie Fighter he won't be the main character - again. But he can do it. He never "overplays" a character, if he is told that he must play only a supportive character. He does that very well. (Still, I really hope that he gets real main roles in the near future: maybe in Batman 3 :D).

I've been trying to check out some of the movies Nolan listed as his favorite. I watched:

Topkapi

A solid and stylish heist thriller.

7/10

The Man Who Would Be King

A fantastic adventure epic.

9.5/10

Yeah Topkapi is a good film, Peter Ustinov is great in it as well.

2012, most rediciously, yet funny, movie of the year.

Big Fish - I can't say I am a big Burton fan, though I quite enjoyed this movie. Perhaps I should give Burton another chance and watch more of his work...
David emerges from the store slowly. He braces himself against a parked car and then keeps on walking in a nightmarish daze.

WE PULL BACK as David blends in with dozens and dozens of ordinary people, walking on an ordinary street, in an ordinary city.

Watched Battle Royale 2 last night, terrible film, the first one is really good mind.

Erik wrote:Big Fish - I can't say I am a big Burton fan, though I quite enjoyed this movie. Perhaps I should give Burton another chance and watch more of his work...
Big Fish isn't really representative of Burton's usual "style", but I think it's his best film next to Ed Wood.

Let the right one in.
I love it. I'm not a big fan of horror/sci-fi films but this is very different, it's something more.
I love the mood of the movie and the characters.