What was the last movie you watched? III

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Master Virgo wrote:The Shawshank Redemption (1994)
Rating: 8.5/10
Personal Interest's Rate: 8.0/10

:twothumbsup: both for Shawshank and your avy/sig, Galadrieeeel (Cate is immortal)!

SilverHeart wrote:I resent Scott's Robin Hood because it prevented Nottingham from being made, which sounded insanely original and awesome.
Certainly.
Do you... like pineapple?

Mason wrote:A CLOCKWORK ORANGE (1971)
2/5

There was me, that is Alex, and my three droogs, that is Pete, Georgie, and Dim, and we sat in the Korova Milkbar trying to make up our rassoodocks what to do with the evening. The Korova milkbar sold milk-plus, milk plus vellocet or synthemesc or drencrom, which is what we were drinking. This would sharpen you up and make you ready for a bit of the old ultra-violence.
Legendary fix. :lol:
No. :| 10/10

Well yesterday I finally got around to watching:

The Hunger Games (8/10) Fantastic, wonderfully acted and beyond what I expected. Will it win Best Picture? Nope. Is it the best piece of teen-oriented franchise since Hary Potter and the Order of the Phoenix? Definitely.

And last night I saw:

Dirty Girl (6/10) Some rocky cinematography and directing here and there, but for the most part decent. Screenplay is warm and funny, Juno Temple is fantastic.

10/10

There was me, that is Alex, and my three droogs, that is Pete, Georgie, and Dim, and we sat in the Korova Milkbar trying to make up our rassoodocks what to do with the evening. The Korova milkbar sold milk-plus, milk plus vellocet or synthemesc or drencrom, which is what we were drinking. This would sharpen you up and make you ready for a bit of the old ultra-violence.

I watched the first 30 minutes of the movie before I had to shut it off. Couldn't make it through.

^ Why?

m4st4 wrote:^ Why?

because its really not that great of a movie...its mostly people who care about what others think of them and are afraid to express their opinion who wind up saying this movie is really good.

CaliKid329 wrote:
10/10

I watched the first 30 minutes of the movie before I had to shut it off. Couldn't make it through.
That's a shame, but it isn't for everyone, and one can't be forced into liking it because the majority do. But it's just a wonderful piece of art, and there will never be anything like it again. That pretty much goes toward all Kubrick films.

Mason wrote:
CaliKid329 wrote:

That's a shame, but it isn't for everyone, and one can't be forced into liking it because the majority do. But it's just a wonderful piece of art, and there will never be anything like it again. That pretty much goes toward all Kubrick films.
Certainly not all.His very first works(even the killing)are quite meh.

Mr. Caine wrote:
Mason wrote: That's a shame, but it isn't for everyone, and one can't be forced into liking it because the majority do. But it's just a wonderful piece of art, and there will never be anything like it again. That pretty much goes toward all Kubrick films.
Certainly not all.His very first works(even the killing)are quite meh.
In my opinion, everything after, and including, 2001: A Space Odyssey are absolutely amazing, and there won't be any films like them ever again. They can't even be touched. He's had a few films that were, of course, not as good as his more known films, but I don't see a problem with that. A Clockwork Orange isn't for everyone, that's for sure.