What was the last movie you watched? III

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
mchekhov wrote:
m4st4 wrote:I like how mcsomething jumps every time I say something that's against his convoluted sense of world. Or jumps at anything I say, for that matter. See, I couldn't care less about Academy Awards and if it were my way, I'd give it to either Viola or Rooney. Nevertheless, Meryl gets it this time, that's the way this boring Academy rolls.

but Viola davis won both the SAG and the Golden Globe...she's winning the Oscar. She's a lock at this point. It has nothing to do with who i think should win. She's locked in to win for that category. That's why I thought it was funny you were saying Meryl will win. Its the equivalent of saying the Patriots will beat the Giants when there's 7 seconds on the clock in the 4th quarter.
:facepalm:

m4st4 wrote:
dadosaboya wrote:
IMO, this was the only solid one. That's the difference between Brian De Palma and those other guys.
What about Brad Bird dado? I think he nailed it with Ghost Protocol.
Well, I enjoyed that, but the first was the most intriguing one for me. It had that "spy game" quality that made the action sequences more exciting. Brad Bird keeps getting better and better though. My real problem is with the franchise. Maybe I should not have posted that comment. I liked the first one and for me, since then, the formula kinda worned off.

Skyab23 wrote:
mchekhov wrote:
m4st4 wrote:I like how mcsomething jumps every time I say something that's against his convoluted sense of world. Or jumps at anything I say, for that matter. See, I couldn't care less about Academy Awards and if it were my way, I'd give it to either Viola or Rooney. Nevertheless, Meryl gets it this time, that's the way this boring Academy rolls.

but Viola davis won both the SAG and the Golden Globe...she's winning the Oscar. She's a lock at this point. It has nothing to do with who i think should win. She's locked in to win for that category. That's why I thought it was funny you were saying Meryl will win. Its the equivalent of saying the Patriots will beat the Giants when there's 7 seconds on the clock in the 4th quarter.
:facepalm:
How come this one poped out? :) Yeah I remember that one, classic talli.

talli: What world are you living in?
m4: Same that already gave Meryl both Oscar and Golden Globe (+BAFTA). :lol:

It's Cheese, but it's Clint Eastwood, so I don't care.
Probably the most gunshots sprayed at vehicles you will ever see on film!

After much decision, decided to pay the outrageous PPV price for:

Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy (6/10) I really, really wanted to like this movie. And in some ways, I did. Oldman, Firth, Cumberbatch and Strong were at the top of their games, making the film one of those few with a perfect cast of outstanding performances (like The Godfather or The Help). Although, the pacing of the story was a major let-down. I was bored half-way into the film and although I loved the grey, monotone Cold War vibe, the visuals were not so interesting either.

Overall, the film was great for its performances and screenplay, but held back by its dullness.

Kingdom of Heaven

The definition of epicness.

9/10

redfan wrote:Kingdom of Heaven

The definition of epicness.

9/10
:thumbup:
Why you lurking my page brah?

Anonymous (2011)
Rating: 7.2/10
Personal Interest's Rate: 6.8/10

Rhys Ifans and David Thewlis were the reasons why I sat through this film. The movie itself isn't that bad though. I have to admit that I expected it to be worse. Forget how far the story is from the truth and you might find some interesting elements in the film.

interesting idea. but it fell kind of flat.

6.6/10
Why you lurking my page brah?

7.9/10

Pros:

- great pacing.
- great action scenes. great atmosphere and great sense of suspense.
- great cinematography and music.
- great scenery.
- good acting from Renner.
- Cruise still delivering it like in his 20s.
- Nice little cameos.

Cons:

- clicheic/overdone nuclear threat story.
- silly/goofy/stupid moments like the sandstorm passing exactly when the chase ended, Ethan screaming "JUMP!" in front of the whole audience or Brandt losing precious seconds explaining the obvious when they had to fix the relay, or the ridiculous car-jumping scene and that whole follow-up lol. that was almost identical to the classic helicopter scene. Almost that bad.
- Paula Patton's acting. One of the most atrocious pieces of acting I've ever seen in recent memory. Hope she sticks to modelling or whatever.

Overall, this movie is the best straight action film since Quantum of Solace. I'm saying QoS because as good as this film is you have to acknowledge that it has similar issues aside from the obvious differences.