What was the last movie you watched? III

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Still need to watch that Director's Cut, hmmm. :think:

If you mean at the cinema then it's The Hunger Games. I gave it approximately an 8/10 because, while the story is good, some of the actors aren't very good and what's up with the lady gaga outfits?

the last film i watched on DVD was "Alien". I'd probably give it a 9/10 just because there are some inconsistencies, such as why would Ripley go back for the cat? Why would anyone in that ship be looking for the cat on their own (as many characters do), knowing that they're being stalked by this monster on their ship? that's the only problem I have with the film, which is still a great film, which makes me question the overuse of CGI in Prometheus even more. I hate it when films that are sort-of-prequels-but-they're-really-not try to look slicker and cleaner than the first fikm in the series.

Batfan175 wrote:Why would anyone in that ship be looking for the cat on their own (as many characters do), knowing that they're being stalked by this monster on their ship?
Well, there's only Brett looking for the cat. And why he looked for the cat is explained in the film and it makes sense. Second of all, Brett looked for the Cat alone because they needed to cover more space. Third, they didn't knew exactly with what they'll have to deal with. They thought the alien was using only some specific air-vents.
Batfan175 wrote:why would Ripley go back for the cat?

For one thing, It's basically because of the same reason in Brett's case.

I have only one question and it was triggered specifically on that point, when he started to look for the Cat, my brother asked me and I couldn't give him the answer that could satisfy him... Alien is huge within hours right? What does he eat??? :think: *I remember playing AvP2 and even there you had to eat at least some bugs to trigger his next stage.

ajimmyadams wrote:inception is the last movie that i was watched
10/10 movie.

Baconboy wrote:
ajimmyadams wrote:inception is the last movie that i was watched
10/10 movie.
BEST MOVIE EVER!/10

jibran wrote:
juliansplat4 wrote: My mom was about to faint when
Ash was revealed to be an alien and was gushing white liquids.
Android yo? Crazy scene, I absolutely loved it. Horrifyingly good stuff.
Sorry. Got mixed up there.

Firewall (2006)

It's mega average, but I watched all of it.
I guess that's something. Right? :?
And Paul Bettany's the best thing in it. Pity Ford looks like he's not allowed to go to the bathroom.

3/5

The Hunger Games - 8.8/10

Loved it. :clap:

Great story, great characters, solid emotional depth, everything worked so well. The trilogy looks very promising. In a way it kinda reminds me of the same wonder I had when I got into Harry Potter; a curious new world with young characters in challenging situations set in an epic scale. I also love strong female leads, and I'm glad we're slowly getting more of them these days. Jen Law gives a great emotional performance.

It was thrilling and surprising considering the calmness of the first half the film; the second half sort of switches into intense action overdrive.

However, I should bring up how others have said that it feels like an R rated film toned down to PG-13. While I somewhat agree with this, which made the tone seem a bit inconsistent at times, it's based on young adult fiction. Obviously you can't have it end up like a gory Hollywood slasher. That being said, I did want it to push a little harder at times, maybe show a little more intensity.
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.

Cilogy wrote:The Hunger Games - 8.8/10
Damn it, I really need to finish the book so I can go see this.