What was the last movie you watched? III

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
CrazyEight wrote:
Eternalist wrote:
Robin wrote:Sam Worthington is such a bore... :crazy:
I thought he was fairly good in Terminator Salvation. In Avatar he was pretty bland and I haven't seen Clash of the Titans but he's apparently pretty bland in that too. I'm not seeing this so-called star-quality that people are saying he has. I think that he'd do better with a more competent director or in a smaller drama-type film to prove himself.
Are you implying that James Cameron is an incompetent director?
In terms of being able to generate inspired performances from his actors, yes.

Zoe Saldana? Leonardo DiCaprio? Sigourney Weaver (Aliens)?

Most of his movies, beside Titanic, are not movies that call for the Daniel Day Lewis, Heath Ledger, and Dustin Hoffman caliber of actors.

i think Titanic was spectacular: the acting, the cinematography, the script (well yeh a bit predictable as regards the romance part, but kate winslet made it worth it), the music... Avatar was lacking in all those things, i actually got bored after the second half of the movie

Joy Ride (2001)

Pretty good horror/thriller movie.

trouble with sam worthington is he doesnt act, he just says things naturalistically, and does his action sequences

CrazyEight wrote:

Most of his movies, beside Titanic, are not movies that call for the Daniel Day Lewis, Heath Ledger, and Dustin Hoffman caliber of actors.
Those are more the exception and not the rule. He's a fantastic director, but his films are full of bad/unconvincing acting.

Kick-Ass 8/10

Despite some weird pacing and crazy tone changes, I thought this film was pretty amazing!

It was uplifting and the action was off the chain! To me, it was what Spider-man SHOULD have been... :D

Eternalist wrote:
CrazyEight wrote:

Those are more the exception and not the rule. He's a fantastic director, but his films are full of bad/unconvincing acting.

that's not true

[quote]trouble with sam worthington is he doesnt act, he just says things naturalistically, and does his action sequences/quote

Maybe natural can be a good thing?

movieman1005 wrote:The French Connection. Anyone seen it? Was supposed to be great, but got a little plain. Maybe I just need to watch it again.
If you like 70's movies, its really good. One of the best thrillers of the 70's.