Dark Shadows (2012)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
DoubleD wrote:
m4st4 wrote: Image
:D

Still no trailer?
Two options:

a) post production problems, delay imminent (test screening will be held this week)
b) some weird marketing ploy, highly unlikely at this stage

Disney executives were initially confused by Depp's performance, asking him whether the character was drunk or gay. Michael Eisner even proclaimed while watching rushes, "He's ruining the film!" Depp responded, "Look, these are the choices I made. You know my work. So either trust me or give me the boot." Many industry insiders also questioned Depp's casting, as he was an unconventional actor not known for working within the traditional studio system.
Without a doubt, the inspiration by Keith was the biggest part of the physicality in Depp's performance..

tykjen wrote:
mchekhov wrote:

That only explains the vocal cadence. The physicality as an entirely different thing
lol, not really. The physicality is what made Keith appear in Depp's characterization.
Have you really never seen any Rolling Stones documentaries?

There's way more to it

Those photo stills look beautiful... Cinematography looks great

mchekhov wrote:
tykjen wrote:
lol, not really. The physicality is what made Keith appear in Depp's characterization.
Have you really never seen any Rolling Stones documentaries?

There's way more to it

ofc there is more into it..but it is simple compared to his other work. Fear and Loathing for instance.. now that is proper over the top. Just my opinion of course! 8-) I can't believe Depp was not nominated for an Oscar before Pirates. Then again, nuff said about the "academy"

tykjen wrote:
mchekhov wrote:

There's way more to it

ofc there is more into it..but it is simple compared to his other work. Fear and Loathing for instance.. now that is proper over the top. Just my opinion of course! 8-) I can't believe Depp was not nominated for an Oscar before Pirates. Then again, nuff said about the "academy"
The way he walks in that movie is genius. Probably his best with Ed Wood

Depp is just brilliant period

mchekhov wrote:Depp is just brilliant period
Hell ye.

m4st4 wrote:Fina-fuckin-lly! :judge:

This Thursday on The Ellen Degeneres Show:
Ellen has the exclusive trailer for the new Tim Burton film, "Dark Shadows," starring Johnny Depp, Michelle Pfeiffer, and Helena Bonham Carter!
http://ellen.warnerbros.com/2012/03/ewa ... 5_2012.php
Excellent.

m4st4 wrote:Fina-fuckin-lly! :judge:

This Thursday on The Ellen Degeneres Show:
Ellen has the exclusive trailer for the new Tim Burton film, "Dark Shadows," starring Johnny Depp, Michelle Pfeiffer, and Helena Bonham Carter!
http://ellen.warnerbros.com/2012/03/ewa ... 5_2012.php
Can't wait to see this!