What's the last book you've read?

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
MiracleSleeper2 wrote:The Bible - 6/10

A little slow at times, but overall it was alright. I thought the pacing was a bit off, and the Jesus guy could have used some better characterization.
Yeah and the apocalypse thing was anticlimatic

Skulduggery Pleasant: The Dying of the Light
Last book of the series. It's a good way to finish the series. Nothing spectacular or great. It's mostly competent writing wise, can be confusing during the climax of the book if you read it fast.

Matthew Reilly- The Great Zoo of China (2014)
I can honestly see this book being adapted into a film.

As I Lay Dying

That was a piece of crap.

Did you have to read that for school? What didn't you like about it?

Cop 223 wrote:Did you have to read that for school? What didn't you like about it?
Yes. I disliked the story and the writing style. I felt the entire book was pointless.

I know the feeling of having to read books for class. I had to to do it for every year at high school. Had to read some bad books, when the teacher actually say those bad books were actually good.

Last year, the stories I was given for English (Macbeth and To Kill a Mockingbird) I was rather hesitant at the start of both, but I ended up finding them completely engrossing. My advice is to find a way to make it as engaging as possible, even if it is terrible.

We have a group project where we create a short film based off Macbeth... Have to get through the play first though.

The last book I read for school I actually enjoyed was The Catcher in the Rye, which was excellent.