What's the last book you've read?

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
natalie wrote:
akv1984 wrote:
chee wrote:Last book I read was The God Delusion. Reading Pride and Prejudice right now.
I hated Pride and Prejudice.
I admit that never red a Jean Austin book but I hate the movies based on it.
I actually enjoyed the Pride and Prejudice film with Keria Knightley. Well, maybe it was because I'm a Keria fan. This year she has 3-4 films coming out! I can't wait!
Eternalist wrote:Skimmed over The Deathly Hallows to refresh my memory before the movie.
I read that book in three days when it first came out. This summer I'm going to read the entire series yet again. Even though I don't like the movies very much, they are a bit of fun.

Eternalist wrote:Skimmed over The Deathly Hallows to refresh my memory before the movie.
I read that book in three days when it first came out. This summer I'm going to read the entire series yet again. Even though I don't like the movies very much, they are a bit of fun.
Yeah, I agree. The movies don't help, but Deathly Hallows was one of the few times that I cried reading a book.
Last edited by natalie on March 5th, 2010, 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

natalie wrote:
Yeah, I agree. The movies don't help, but Deathly Hallows was one of the few times that I cried reading a book.[/quote]

I too kind of cried! And I was also scared during this one part that I couldn't sleep.

akv1984 wrote:
chee wrote:Last book I read was The God Delusion. Reading Pride and Prejudice right now.
Why ?

chee wrote:
akv1984 wrote:
Why ?
I just did. I found the book to be pointless and just shallow overall. It also bored me to bits.

akv1984 wrote:
chee wrote:
akv1984 wrote:I hated Pride and Prejudice.
Why ?
I just did. I found the book to be pointless and just shallow overall. It also bored me to bits.
It's not that pointless, it shows what the status of women were back in the day. Having to marry for money just so they don't end up in the poorhouse cause the law says they can't inherit money. Elizabeth is a character that defies that so they she will marry for love and not just security.

I'm not that into the book myself (I hate romance), but its not pointless. Reading Sherlock Holmes after P&P.

It's not that pointless, it shows what the status of women were back in the day. Having to marry for money just so they don't end up in the poorhouse cause the law says they can't inherit money. Elizabeth is a character that defies that so they she will marry for love and not just security.

I'm not that into the book myself (I hate romance), but its not pointless. Reading Sherlock Holmes after P&P.
When you put it that way, it doesn't sound as pointless as I'm making it out to be. But still I mean it could have been better. The characters annoyed me to no extent and the style of writing was kind of dull. Elizabeth and her dad were the only character's that were good. That's pretty much all the good I can find in this book. And the fact that I was forced to read this book for school makes me dislike it even more.

I haven't read any Sherlock Holmes yet. I plan to during the summer.

akv1984 wrote:

When you put it that way, it doesn't sound as pointless as I'm making it out to be. But still I mean it could have been better. The characters annoyed me to no extent and the style of writing was kind of dull. Elizabeth and her dad were the only character's that were good. That's pretty much all the good I can find in this book. And the fact that I was forced to read this book for school makes me dislike it even more.

Ah, yea, being forced to read a book can make people dislike it more.
It being a Victorian era book, its heavy on the details. I liked Darcy though.

Night

chee wrote:
akv1984 wrote:

Ah, yea, being forced to read a book can make people dislike it more.
It being a Victorian era book, its heavy on the details. I liked Darcy though.
The only books that we read in school that I liked a lot were The Giver, The Good Earth, and A Separate Peace.

I can imagine P&P being the Twilight of the Victorian Era.
CrazyEight wrote:Night
I love that book.