What's the last book you've read?

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Tricks by Ellen Hopkins 8/10

That book was really disturbing!

Clockwork Orange
by Anthony burgess

Messed up in some ways, buy I really like the "language" Alex used. Entertaining and intriguing.

movieman1005 wrote:Clockwork Orange
by Anthony burgess

Messed up in some ways, buy I really like the "language" Alex used. Entertaining and intriguing.
I really liked that book! Really good read. The 20th century has given the world some of the best literature!

I just got through reading It's not news, It's Fark by Drew Curtis, founder of the site Fark.com. It was entertaining, but it got too repetitive at times. 7.5/10.

Also, the author looks like my World History teacher without his beard.

Eternalist wrote:
chee wrote:Sandman: Season of Mists.
Are you reading them in numerical order or random?
In numerical order. Can't stand reading/watching something out of order. :P

Minority Report by Philip K. Dick. Great book, now I just need to watch the movie!

akv1984 wrote:
movieman1005 wrote: The 20th century has given the world some of the best literature!

Agree with you, just finished reading the fountainhead, and I have to say that its the best book I have ever read.Cant wait to read Atlas Shrugged.

Tried to read The Catcher in the Rye, but it sucked so much I put it down. :|

chee wrote:Tried to read The Catcher in the Rye, but it sucked so much I put it down. :|
I loved that book! But I understand that it's not for everyone. Maybe you can give it another go in a couple of years?

akv1984 wrote:
chee wrote:Tried to read The Catcher in the Rye, but it sucked so much I put it down. :|
I loved that book! But I understand that it's not for everyone. Maybe you can give it another go in a couple of years?
No, the main character was annoying, pacing is terrible, and over all its just a dumb read. Seriously, it reads like a book for 3rd graders. Not my thing at all.

Just finished The Greatest Show on Earth by Richard Dawkins.

Starting on The Caged Virgin by Ayaan Hirsi Ali and Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë.