What's the last book you've read?

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Moneyball 7/10

Kick-Ass 7/10. Now on to Infinite Jest. Considering it's 1000 pages and I read at a glacier-like pace i'm thinking i'll finish it by halloween.

solo2001 wrote:Now on to Infinite Jest. Considering it's 1000 pages and I read at a glacier-like pace i'm thinking i'll finish it by halloween.
Isn't that the book by David Foster Wallace? It's frakking brilliant. That guy was a genius - check out his articles like Roger Federer as a Religious Experience or Consider The Lobster. Pity he ended his life so early.

Anyone here like Michael Crichton books?

I remember someone saying...

"Fuck books, get some pussy"... and I said... "Dude, :facepalm: , books get you pussy :facepalm: "

Cool story, bro.

Addicted2Movies wrote:Anyone here like Michael Crichton books?
Yeah, I prefer his earlier works like The Andromeda Strain, The Terminal Man, Sphere, Disclosure, Timeline, Jurassic Park and The New World. He had a talent for combining science and fiction very well. :twothumbsup:

oracle86 wrote:
Addicted2Movies wrote:Anyone here like Michael Crichton books?
Yeah, I prefer his earlier works like The Andromeda Strain, The Terminal Man, Sphere, Disclosure, Timeline, Jurassic Park and The New World. He had a talent for combining science and fiction very well. :twothumbsup:
Jurassic Park has one of my favourite books ever since. I read it first when I was eleven and didn't understand much of the chaos theory and genetic engineering but still was fascinated by the science part. :lol:

Right now I am reading Richard Dawkins - The Ancestor's Tale, a really interesting and informative journey through the evolution told backwards.

I'm currently reading Misery by Stephen King. What a fantastic read so far. Beats the film for me at the moment, I'll know when I've finished.

redfan wrote:
oracle86 wrote:
Jurassic Park has one of my favourite books ever since. I read it first when I was eleven and didn't understand much of the chaos theory and genetic engineering but still was fascinated by the science part. :lol:

Right now I am reading Richard Dawkins - The Ancestor's Tale, a really interesting and informative journey through the evolution told backwards.
Jurassic Park and The Lost World are definitely my favorites. Wasn't a huge fan of The Andromeda Strain but it was still a great book. Sphere was fantastic. Timeline was pretty great. I recently read The State of Fear and thought it was fantastic.

It was a real shame that he had to pass away so early. He was definitely one of my favorite authors around.