X-Men: Days of Future Past (2014)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Forum Pro
Law

Anyone else notice the nod to Wolvie's comicbook costume here?

Forum Pro
Law
Allstar wrote:Anyone else notice the nod to Wolvie's comicbook costume here?

Singer on Rogue:
"It was one real sequence in the movie," explains Kinberg. "We felt like it was taking tension out of the main story drive."

This is the sole scene Singer revealed he had cut from the film during the editing process a month ago, much to the chagrin of fans who wanted to see more of Anna Paquin's touchy mutant, especially as she is apparently a survivor of the Sentinel apocalypse along with Ian McKellen's Magneto, Patrick Stewart's Professor X, Hugh Jackman's Wolverine and the rest.

"It does not mean that we won't see her in the film," Singer adds, enigmatically. "Also, I hope to make the sequence available on the DVD as she was quite wonderful in it. She is an important part of the X-Men family. I 'm very pleased she will remain as one of Empire's anniversary covers."
My theory:
Rogue is integral part of Apocalypse and will be seen at the very end. After all, she's the only X wearing white and was quite significant in the first X-Men.

As long as the film won't be so confusing I'm fine.

Otherwise:

Nomis1700 wrote:As long as the film won't be so confusing I'm fine.

Otherwise:
You don't want the film to be confusing?
Dude, we are Nolanfans. We enjoy confusing films.

I think there's a difference between confusing and complex. Complexity can be confusing but overall everything makes sense. I meant more in confusing that it doesn't make sense and stays confusing. Like they screwed over their own story lines in the X-Men films with Wolverine Origins and didn't made it easier with X-Men III.

Nomis1700 wrote:I think there's a difference between confusing and complex. Complexity can be confusing but overall everything makes sense. I meant more in confusing that it doesn't make sense and stays confusing. Like they screwed over their own story lines in the X-Men films with Wolverine Origins and didn't made it easier with X-Men III.
I was just kidding mate.

This movie is a superhero blockbuster movie. No matter how confusing it appears, it won't be in the end. Else it will bomb at boxoffice after tweets about the movie being a clusterfuck.

Random info dump. Carry on.

Speaking to Empire last year, Singer said, "The future's about 25, 30 percent of the movie. The past is most of it."

This is the cast billing from the first trailer:

The most important characters/actors they made use of are Wolverine (Jackman in the past and future), Charles (McAvoy and Stewart in the past and future), Erik (Fassbender and McKellan in the past and future) and Raven (Lawrence in the past).

In the marketing deal with Empire, 11 covers are from the past (46%). 13 covers are from the future (54%).
Sentinels received 2 covers (past and future)
Wolverine received 2 covers (past and future)
Charles received 2 covers (past and future)
Erik received 2 covers (past and future)
Blink received 1.5 covers (technically 2 covers, in the future)
Warpath received 1.5 covers (technically 2 covers, in the future)

In December 2013, Singer announced that he cut Rogue from the movie. " the one and only sequence Anna Paquin was in, the Rogue character was in. Even though she’s in the materials and part of the process of making the film, she won’t appear in it." Speaking to Empire in early 2014, Singer said, "It does not mean that we won’t see her in the film."

Singer says in Empire that the upcoming X-Men: Apocalypse movie is "more of a First Class sequel. It'll take place some time after this movie."