X-Men: Days of Future Past (2014)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Vader182 wrote:Hopefully Jennifer Lawrence will remember she can act.

-Vader
Please tell me you're joking... she did a solid enough job for the role.

I really like First Class and I am excited for a sequel. It would need very effective writing, what McAvoy said about Xavier coping with his problems would make for a great plot point. I hope the characters can meet again without being outright enemies, their interaction is fantastic as it is.
Do you... like pineapple?

MTV got a chance to talk to Simon Kinberg about writing and producing the untitled X-Men: First Class sequel, to again be directed by Matthew Vaughn.

He said: "I’m a huge X-Men fan. I grew up loving the comic books and it was really exciting to be able to do the origin story of Xavier and Magneto, and getting those two actors, [James] McAvoy and [Michael] Fassbender, were really amazing. So being able to explore those characters with actors of that quality will be exciting a second time around, and doing some things unexpected with those characters, which is the plan."

Kinberg added that the second film would involve a lot more Magneto. "That’s what was so cool about the first one and what we want to continue. Magneto becomes the villain ultimately of the franchise but he’s a much more complicated character as a young man. He’s someone you sympathize with, you care about you root for even though might not necessarily agree with his methods, you understand his philosophy."
"It doesn't matter how you get knocked down in life because that's going to happen. All that matters is you gotta get up."

Before he said Magneto won't be the 'villain' of the series, he'd just have his own way to deal with things, and Xavier his. I like this less. Meh.

-Vader

They need to get rid of January Jones, she had zero resemblance with Emma Frost, stupid January cover girl.

She's on par with Dr. X, intellectually speaking, she even led X-Men for christsakes.

m4st4 wrote:They need to get rid of January Jones, she had zero resemblance with Emma Frost, stupid January cover girl.

She's on par with Dr. X, intellectually speaking, she even led X-Men for christsakes.
Eva Green's look in Dark Shadows makes her look like she could be a good Emma Frost.

BlairCo wrote:
m4st4 wrote:They need to get rid of January Jones, she had zero resemblance with Emma Frost, stupid January cover girl.

Eva Green's look in Dark Shadows makes her look like she could be a good Emma Frost.
You nailed it man, she's all Emma: the looks, the smarts, everything! :twothumbsup:

BlairCo wrote:

yeah...if she could get a body like kim kardashians

mchekhov wrote:
Allstar wrote:
I said there had to be other mutants plural. Reading comprehension.
not necessarily...since this is the beginning of their stories it would have been adequate to show how he was trying to help Erik as it foreshadows what he would end up doing for many other mutants.
I'm assuming your not a Marvel kid, so you probably do not know how important it is to have the other mutants there. Just saying...

Other mutants are essential. It's the core of X-Men. There are so many great stories out there, I never understood how they couldn't just stick to the formula, for example, take Grant Morrison's New X-Men and adapt it, three parts, whatever, just don't sidetrack, cause they are already masterpieces.