X-Men: Days of Future Past (2014)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Allstar wrote:
mchekhov wrote:it couldve been less camp and more intricate...they really shouldnt have included the other x men...it should have been xavier and charles. But ofcourse, the pressure from the studio would probably not allow that.
You have to include the other X-Men. It would not be Charles Xavier otherwise.

huh?

I watched this on the airplane.
Did not like it that much, but I had the feeling they cut some parts of the movie due to the length. I don't know. I did not like it because of those cuts, which felt they left out parts of the story.

I am not sure if they actually cut scenes on the plane version, or that I did see the correct version. If I saw it, then I did not like it. Maybe I need to watch this again, see if there are parts that I miss.
David emerges from the store slowly. He braces himself against a parked car and then keeps on walking in a nightmarish daze.

WE PULL BACK as David blends in with dozens and dozens of ordinary people, walking on an ordinary street, in an ordinary city.

mchekhov wrote:it couldve been less camp and more intricate...they really shouldnt have included the other x men...it should have been xavier and charles. But ofcourse, the pressure from the studio would probably not allow that.
:facepalm:

mchekhov wrote:
Allstar wrote: You have to include the other X-Men. It would not be Charles Xavier otherwise.

huh?
The story of Charles Xavier has to involve other X-Men in the movie. The basis of his character is that he helps and teaches other mutants.

Allstar wrote:
mchekhov wrote:

huh?
The story of Charles Xavier has to involve other X-Men in the movie. The basis of his character is that he helps and teaches other mutants.

magneto is not another mutant?

mchekhov wrote:
Allstar wrote:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Charles+Xavier

Allstar wrote:
mchekhov wrote:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Charles+Xavier

i dont get what you're trying to say. My question was a rhetorical one, highlighting the flaw in your logic.

mchekhov wrote:

i dont get what you're trying to say. My question was a rhetorical one, highlighting the flaw in your logic.
I said there had to be other mutants plural. Reading comprehension.

Allstar wrote:
mchekhov wrote:

I said there had to be other mutants plural. Reading comprehension.
not necessarily...since this is the beginning of their stories it would have been adequate to show how he was trying to help Erik as it foreshadows what he would end up doing for many other mutants.

It was pretty damn good. Sequel would be cool.