The Revenant (2015)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Panapaok wrote:
LOL at them putting subtitles on when AGI spoke :lol: Even though he speaks perfectly fine English.

MyCocaine wrote:
Panapaok wrote:
LOL at them putting subtitles on when AGI spoke :lol: Even though he speaks perfectly fine English.
His English is rough, but you can still understand him.

Anybody listened to the soundtrack yet?

bruh Leo got fuckin maaaaauuuuled by that bear

Dodd wrote:bruh Leo got fuckin maaaaauuuuled by that bear
You mean raped.

This movie is a fucking masterpiece. Alejandro is destroying motherfuckers with this bad boy. I can't even imagine what this lunatic is going to tackle next.

shauner111 wrote:This movie is a fucking masterpiece. Alejandro is destroying motherfuckers with this bad boy. I can't even imagine what this lunatic is going to tackle next.
Possibly what Cuaron couldn't do: Make a film in space :P

shauner111 wrote:This movie is a fucking masterpiece. Alejandro is destroying motherfuckers with this bad boy. I can't even imagine what this lunatic is going to tackle next.
yes

8/10

Bear scene was great, the final showdown was pretty good, and its as gritty as advertised. I enjoyed Hardy's performance quite a lot and Leo was solid. I think Fassbender should win but its more because of the role rather than merit. With that said it is indeed style over substance. I only bring up the thematic hollowness because you get the feeling that Innaritu threw everything at the wall to see what sticks, which he did with Birdman but he did a much better job of covering his tracks in that one. Not the great film I was hoping for but its not really a disappointment.