The Revenant (2015)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
theseeker9175 wrote:Damn, you won me Dream :lol:

I've heard there have been talks with DDL, Phoenix and Fassbender too. Maybe it'll be for the other two roles. Iñárritu really knows how to choose good actors.
Holy shit, if Joaquin joins too i'll have a heart attack. He's not doing anything at the moment.... :think:

But yeah, this is already shaping up to be great.

I love this choice from Leo.

Leo in a revenge flick eh?

sounds neat

Dream-Xtractor wrote:

I've heard there have been talks with DDL, Phoenix and Fassbender too. Maybe it'll be for the other two roles. Iñárritu really knows how to choose good actors.
Holy shit, if Joaquin joins too i'll have a heart attack. He's not doing anything at the moment.... :think:
He has been rumored on a lot of stuff recently,and seems that he passed on everything: this, Man of Steel sequel Sea of Trees, Good Luck of Right Now and one or two projects I don't remember right now... he's very picky.

I thought Fassbender was going to be the lead, but maybe he's taking one of the other two leads :think:

theseeker9175 wrote:
Dream-Xtractor wrote:

He has been rumored on a lot of stuff recently,and seems that he passed on everything: this, Man of Steel sequel Sea of Trees, Good Luck of Right Now and one or two projects I don't remember right now... he's very picky.

I thought Fassbender was going to be the lead, but maybe he's taking one of the other two leads :think:
Yeah that's true, would love to see him work with Inarritu though. Wouldn't mind Fassy either but it seems he's got a lot of projects coming up in the next couple years. I imagine that after he is finished with Macbeth, which should be soon, he'll get ready for Assassins Creed. But we'll see.

Fuck yes!

This and Devil in The White City is what I wanted as his next project and I still think Devil will go after this in 2015. Always thought this sounded great.

Fine with Penn no longer being involved. Agreed with Dream about Phoenix especially since DiCaprio seems to really want to work with him.

I am probably in the minority but I would have preferred Penn still be involved. I liked his work in 21 grams.

Dream-Xtractor wrote:
Yeah that's true, would love to see him work with Inarritu though. Wouldn't mind Fassy either but it seems he's got a lot of projects coming up in the next couple years. I imagine that after he is finished with Macbeth, which should be soon, he'll get ready for Assassins Creed. But we'll see.
He's already done with Macbeth, and will do AC in August. Maybe he won't do this after all. I hope the talks between Phoenix and Iñarritu can work after all.
Allstar wrote:Fuck yes!

This and Devil in The White City is what I wanted as his next project and I still think Devil will go after this 2015. Always thought this sounded great.

Fine with Penn no longer being involved. Agreed with Dream about Phoenix especially since DiCaprio seems to really want to work with him.
I'm glad you're glad. Mexican directors are on a roll lately.

Durden wrote:I am probably in the minority but I would have preferred Penn still be involved. I liked his work in 21 grams.
I would of been fine with Penn still being involved. The guy is a great actor and very intense, if he is given the right material and director he likely will be great. Some people like to give him shit for Mystic River but it is a very powerful performance. Sometimes he is quite a ham when he is in bad material like Gangster Squad though. I'm just not worried about him no longer being involved because I'm confident they will get someone great.

Also...where are these Phoenix/Fass rumors even coming from?
Last edited by Allstar on April 15th, 2014, 2:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Allstar wrote:Fuck yes!

This and Devil in The White City is what I wanted as his next project and I still think Devil will go after this in 2015. Always thought this sounded great.

:twothumbsup: