The Revenant (2015)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

I loved the bit at the end. Those fucking Lady Gaga questions :lol:

So, did anyone else think of the Tauntaun scene from Empire Strikes Back during a particular moment in this film?

"I thought they smelled bad...on the outside"

Mad Max: Winter Edition

Like MMFR, this is a feast that you have to see on the big screen first and is similarly a very visceral experience. ATMOS sound at my showing was something special, and the very etherial score was very fitting and unique, although I'm not sure if it's one of my personal faves. Chivo is definitely gunning for that Oscar hat trick... Some of these shots on the big screen, dear god (and I almost wonder what a VR/360 video version of this would look like, the cinematography definitely had that feel)

Leo = he gave it his all physically, he was fantastic....in tems of Oscar race though ugh I don't know. IMO personally Fassbender edges him out, Jobs was a fantastic dramatic performance and here Leo with Glass (and to slme extent with Belfort in WOWS) gave a fantastic performance of a different kind. Supporting standouts were Gleeson and Poulter, Hardy was good to watch but touch too hammy (makes rooting against him easier though).

8.5/10

Baniac wrote:We are serious actors in a serious film...and then there's this guy. :lol:

I think Tom is enjoying himself a little bit. ;)
I like how Leo always keeps his coolness 8-)

So yeah, if Leo doesn't get his Oscar for this, he should just say fuck it and start making romantic comedies.

DoubleD wrote:So yeah, if Leo doesn't get his Oscar for this, he should just say fuck it and start making romantic comedies.
LOL Can't wait for his speech.

Forum Pro
Law
atilasantos wrote:
DoubleD wrote:So yeah, if Leo doesn't get his Oscar for this, he should just say fuck it and start making romantic comedies.
It'll be something profound about climate change and how wildlife needs to be cared for. Also about how native americans are victims.

He'll send up Sacheen Littlefeather.

Law wrote:
atilasantos wrote:
It'll be something profound about climate change and how wildlife needs to be cared for. Also about how native americans are victims.
I thought he wasn't even getting nominated?